Card

Ridhi was sitting near Rudransh who was asleep. She was feeling extremely guilty. But also she was thinking about Sumedh's reaction when they got to know about Rudransh being left alone at house. His reaction was so unusual. He would've never said that they should complete pooja and then go home. Sumedh would've ran home the second he discovered that Rudransh was alone. Then why? Just because Sumedh and Gopika had differences over his marriage, He started to dislike Rudransh?

Sumedh had locked himself in his room. Swamini wanted to go in but she decided to give him some time. But after a certain point she couldn't take it and knocked on door.

"Kaun hai?" Sumedh asked.

"Swamini" She answered.

Sumedh opened the door. Smell of cigarette hit her nostrils and she understood he was smoking. His ash tray was filled with cigarette butts indicating that he had smoked a lot.

"I don't want to listen anything" Sumedh declared.

"Main kuch bolne wali thi bhi nahi" Swamini replied "I just..." She took a pause and then continued "I just wanted to make sure that you were okay"

"I am okay" Sumedh said.

Swamini sighed a little and went into closet to change into her night suit. Someone again knocked on door.

"Sumedh darwaja kholo" He heard Ridhi's voice.

Sumedh opened the door.

"Niche chalo sab wait kar rahe hai dinner ke liye" Ridhi said.

"I am not hungry" Sumedh replied.

"Cigarette se pet bhar gaya tumhara?" Ridhi asked sternly "Tyohar ka din hai isliye main jane de rahi hoo.. Bas tum yeh jaan lo ki main janti hoo kuch galat hai.. Par main ab pucchungi nahi tumse.. Jab tumhara man hoga tab bata dena. Par jo bhi hai uske sath tum jeena sikh gaye ho toh normal raho. Chalo niche"

Swamini came out of the closet and saw Sumedh and Ridhi talking.

"Tum bhi chalo" Ridhi said to Swamini

"Fine" Sumedh said "Hum aate hai"

***

Everyone was silent on dinner table. Sumedh wasn't eating at all. Swamini waa noticing him. He was visibly affected by the incident happened with Rudransh. He was sad and was suffering inside. But his vow to hate Rudransh was coming in between his love.

They saw Rudransh coming out from Ridhi's room.

"Are tum kyu bahar aaye?" Ridhi stood up and went ahead.

Rudransh was looking pale and weak. Ridhi picked him up and came back to her seat. She sat down whilst making Rudransh sit in her lap.

"Dard ho raha hai Rudransh?" Aaradhya asked.

"Nahi" Rudransh answered.

Rudransh had a frown on his face and was unusually silent. Everyone felt bad.

"Kya hua?" Ridhi asked "Dard nahi ho raha hai phir bhi tum shant baithe ho?"

Rudransh didn't answer.

"Kadhi chawal pasand hai tumhe?" Ridhi said "Dekho banaye hai aaj. Khaoge?"

Rudransh just shrugged his head to say no.

"Tumhe kya khana hai batao main bana deti hoo" Aaradhya said.

Still he didn't reply.

"Mujhe pata hai use kya khana hai" Amit said "Main jab bimar hota hoo tab maggi khata hoo.. Tum khaoge?"