Part 16: One More Shot

Seoyun was discharged from the hospital after a few days. Yoongi brought her to their home and carried her in his arms up the flight of stairs to her room. He had assured both sets of parents that he would ask their help if he would need it, right now he could take care of her on his own.

"You don't have to do this for me." Seoyun said as he laid her on the bed. She was looking at his face and her hands were still around his neck.

"I want to do this for you and if you don't mind then please can you take your hands off me as I have almost sprained my back." He threw her a gummy smile and Seoyun quickly dropped her arms.

"I'll just send in your help for now and let me also inform the cook what all is to be prepared for you."  He said, assembling the cushions and pillows to support her back.

As he came back after sometime, Seoyun stared at the small table that the house-help had arranged in front of her.

But she just sat still and did not lift her hands from her lap.

"You want to have something else?" Yoongi asked her.

"I don't want to eat anything, please take this away."

"What do.." Yoongi started but checked himself in time.

He then picked up the soup bowl and put it before her, "Try this."

She just sat there, feeling no appetite for it.

"You need to eat, Seoyun" He then lifted the bowl and offered her a spoonful of soup.

Seoyun looked at him, 'Why is he doing this? What does he want?'

"Come on!" He almost pushed the spoon in her mouth. Seoyun slowly opened her mouth and let him feed her the soup.

Seoyun started feeling sleepy soon after the dinner. It was mostly due to the effect of the medicines but somehow she had also liked being back in this room after spending the last few days at the hospital. 

Yoongi made sure that she was asleep before leaving the room, to return a few calls and messages. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seoyun woke up in the middle of the night, as the uneasiness crept over her and she had a weird dream. After wriggling in the bed for some time, she switched on the side lamp and sat up.

Her eyes fell on the couch opposite the bed, where he was sleeping. 'When did he come back and why is he sleeping here?' She thought as she brushed back the hair from her face.

It was something that Seoyun would notice for the next few days too, he would be there in the same room with her.

They still ate in silence and her heart still ached, her hand would still caress her tummy only to realize that the baby was no longer there.

Yoongi did not go to the company, he had taken a break to be with Seoyun. He wanted to try and he was doing pretty well at it.

As he stepped into her room that night he saw that Seoyun had not slept yet. She was sitting in the bed and looked at him as he walked into the room.

She did not say anything but patted the space beside her to indicate to him that she wanted him to come over there. Yoongi came and sat down on the bed.

"We can not keep on sitting idle like this, I think we should get back to our respective work."

"No, you will not step out before the doctor advises you to do so, you need rest." 

"Am all right now." She protested.

"You're not." He said standing up, but Seoyun kept her hand over his and pressed it to indicate to him that she had something more to say.

"Yoongi-ya, we have lost what could have kept us together." She looked at his face and controlled herself so as not to let her voice quiver.

Yoongi looked at her too, he reached out and put a few strands of her hair behind her ear, "This loss is what will anchor us now, Seoyun."

"But there's no point of us being together now." She chose to ignore the gesture he just did.

"There is." He took her hand in between his and felt how cold her hands were.

"What?" She felt how warm his hands were.

"Us." He wrapped his arm around her.

"I am sorry, I killed our child."

The dream that had woken her up came back to haunt her. "I wanted this child, since the time that I came to know about it, I really had wanted it."

There was pain and agony written all over her face.

"Don't worry, we'll have other ones." Yoongi patted her arm.

"How will we have them?" She asked.

"Umm.. the normal way?" He said, as a soft smile came to his lips.

"But.. things have fallen apart between us. In fact, we are never together, you wouldn't have come back if this wouldn't have happened." 

"We were together, Seoyun. The moment we took our vows, we have been together since then. You were right, am sorry. I wanted to come back too, I would have even if  this wouldn't have happened. Believe me." He wrapped an arm around her as her shoulders trembled and tears started to fall down her eyes.

"Please don't cry, it will get better. Am with you." He lightly rubbed her back. "Come on, try to sleep now." He gently laid her head back on the pillow.

"Why are you here in this room?" She asked, wiping her tears.

"If you want, I can go back to my own." He stood up but she held his hand.

"No, I don't want you to go." He sat back down. "Sleep here", she indicated to the side next to hers, he got up and moved into the bed with her.

It felt strange at first but he got used to it.

In a couple of days, he shifted most of his stuff to her room and till Seoyun was ready to go back to her office, her room had become theirs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where did these come from?" Seoyun asked, as she woke up and found fresh pink roses by her bedside.

"I ordered them for you." Yoongi had just come out of shower and was drying his hair with a towel.

"How do you know that I like these?" She leaned forward and smelled them. A smile formed on her lips.

"I have been to your office twice, I just noticed them on your desk." He answered and tossed the towel onto the couch.

Seoyun chose to ignore this, though her eyes had followed the trajectory of the tossed towel.

"Will you come down for breakfast or you wanna have it here?" He asked.

"No, I'll come down."

"You sure?"

She nodded to indicate that she was.

"I have to go to the studio for sometime, will you be alright?" Yoongi asked her.

"I will be, I am also thinking of going back to the office now."

"I am fine, I feel fine." Before he could protest she assured him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~