Part 12: I Don't Care

Yoongi had come to Namjoon's place this time. He didn't want to go to the dorm or at anyone else's place because he wanted to be left alone. He thought that he would have some quiet at his place at least until the others decide to barge in here too.

Namjoon didn't ask him anything the first day he was there, Yoongi didn't even go the company with him. They didn't really talk much. All day what Yoongi did was to keep away from social media and just laying about., he still felt deranged to a certain extent. 

The second day, Namjoon decided to ask him. "What's troubling you, hyung?"

Yoongi didn't answer, just brushed back his hair using his fingers.

"Did you sort things out with Noona?" He cautiously asked.

Yoongi shook his head and heaved a deep breath, "We only made it worse."

"It's been two days, hyung, you should go and check up on her."

Yoongi again shook his head, "It's not possible for me to talk to her for even a minute, without getting into some kind of argument."

"Hyung, when you love a person then you love them with all that they have got. Everything good and not so good."

"There's nothing good about her, and anyways am not in love with her or anything and nor do I intend to. All she has to offer to people is bad temper and her issues."

"Well, you know hyung, should you be bad mouthing about her like that?" Namjoon said, raising his eye brows.

"Bad mouthing, my foot! For a minute I'm able to accept it all as my fault and the next she gets on my nerves." He scoffed.

"But hyung, aren't you short tempered too? How do you think it will work out between you both?" Namjoon tried to tread cautiously upon troubled waters.

"I don't want it to work." Yoongi was straight and blatant with his statement.

"Why not?" Namjoon insisted.

"There's nothing good about it, nothing normal. We are still at the same point where we started, even at a worse point than before. We shouldn't have gotten into this.. Each day we only end up giving each other all the more proof that we really shouldn't have." He said and a long pause ensued.

"What did you do about the photographs thing? Did you sue them?" Namjoon thought that he should now try to address the immediate issue at hand.

"Whom? Seoyun and that person?"

"Hyung! That media agency!"

"I did not!"

"Why?"

"Why not? Do you think..? Did you talk to Noona about it?"

"She said that there's no such thing."

"You believe her?"

"I do." He hated to admit it, but he did believe her.

"Then? What's the problem?"

"The way she said it. The way she says and do things. I can't stand her anymore now."

"You know what hyung, I don't know if I should mention or not, I couldn't stand Naina too at one point."

"Then?"

"Then everything fell into place and I realized why it was so."

"Why was it so?"

"Because I was in love with her, right from the start."

"Fat chance in our case."

"Hyung!"

"Am going to the dorm, I thought you would leave me alone, but you don't want to."

"Go home, please."

Namjoon just watched him pick up his car keys, he knew he wouldn't be going home.

"Okay, I'll come with you too." Sighing he got up too.

"You have to do something about it." Namjoon tried to reason with him again in the car.

"Both of us don't want to." He replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tears had dried on her cheeks, she hadn't cared to wipe them off. Seoyun looked at the wine bottle kept on the table before her. She reached out but dropped the idea again. Somehow she wasn't feeling like drinking it, this time she wasn't feeling like drinking the pain away.

The anger that she felt for him was still there. His words still stung and she still wanted to smack his face if she sees him again, but she wanted to sleep first. She felt so sleepy.

Sometime in the middle of the night she had woken up, 'Why is he here? Why is he sleeping besides me?'

She wanted to but couldn't reach out and touch him. She wanted to talk to him, to ask him not to be angry with her.

Then she remembered about the traces of dried tears on her cheeks, 'has he seen her vulnerable? Will he take advantage of it now?'

She was thinking to herself when Yoongi turned his face towards her. He wasn't sleeping either.

Both stared at each other.

'I don't care, what you think of me.' She told him.

'Neither do I.' He replied, in the familiar chilling tone of his.

She wanted to ask him his reasons but just then she woke up from her dream.

'It was just a dream.' She looked at the side of her bed where she had just dreamed him sleeping.

'He will not come back. What is it that he'll come back for?' Her mind assured her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~