Part 9: Distance

Yoongi came to his studio and decided to work on some tunes of his that he has been working on for some time. He had decided that he would work till late, he didn't even really want to go home tonight so decided that he would just stay here, he knew well that Seoyun would be in one of her extremely bad moods. He felt that they'll end up having further arguments with each other.

After a while, he was exhausted and couldn't really concentrate and then decided to see what the others were up to, if they were even there or had left for the day.

Jin and Namjoon replied that they were still there, in Namjoon's studio. He also joined them.

Namjoon was working on a tune too, and he really wanted Yoongi's opinion on it. Jin and Namjoon tuned to him as Namjoon had already asked Yoongi the same thing twice and still hadn't received a response from him.

"Hyung? Are you there?"

"Ya! Sorry.. what were you saying?" He had zoned out and wasn't paying any attention to them.

"Did you even listen to the tune?" Namjoon asked, he was a bit doubtful about it.

"I think you should go home, Yoongi-ya!" Before Yoongi could reply, Jin asked him, "You need rest, you seem tired."

"Home.." Yoongi repeated softly, then scoffed.

"I'll rather go to the dorm. Are you guys going there?"

Namjoon and Jin looked at each other.

"Is there anything you want to share, Yoongi-ya?" Jin asked.

He kept silent, both sensed that he was hesitating.

"You know you can, hyung, we're here to listen." Namjoon said.

"What's a home? What was I actually thinking when I decided to get into it?"

Both Namjoon and Jin stayed silent to let him continue.

"I just wanted to take this next step in life, I wasn't really expecting to be pulled back into things that I had grown out of, the things that I had been struggling with.. My mother said, I needed a companion!"

He looked at both of them, running his hands in his hair and pushing them back. It was obvious to Jin and Namjoon that he was having half of the conversation in his mind.

He continued, "Companion! For what? We can't stay for two minutes without having an argument.. We don't even.. You know how difficult it is to even have a decent conversation with her?"

"Yoongi-ya, these things require efforts. Relationships require efforts. Do you think that the splurge of faith comes easy?" Jin said.

"Trust me, I try my best!"

"Is there something specific that's troubling you?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi took a minute and then told them all about the stocks' episode that they recently had and all that transpired in her office.

"You know Yoongi, since she is your wife now, should you list her too for the royalty of your songs?" Jin asked him.

Yoongi looked up at him, "No, obviously not! At least, not yet."

Jin smiled, "Exactly, what ever has been done is her efforts, her hard work., which her father, am sorry to say, gave away so casually to you, maybe that's what pissed her off."
"Also, Yoongi-ya, marriage is not a deal. What her father said, seems to me that he made it look like a deal, which you accepted."

"I think this has made Seoyun Noona upset, I think you should go home, hyung. I don't think that there's nothing that can't be sorted out between you both. Trust me." Namjoon said.

"I don't think so, I'll go to the dorm, if you're going there, or else I'll sleep here." Yoongi knew Seoyun well enough by now to sense that she would flatly refuse any kind of conversation with him on the topic.

"We'll come with you to the dorm too then, come on Namjoon, let's go!" Jin said, standing up.

He thought that maybe a day or two with them all together again will put him in a better mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung were delighted to see them three at the dorm.

"We should call Hobi hyung too! Let's all of us be here and have a blast!" Jimin remarked and it took only two seconds for Jungkook to place the call to Hoseok.

Hoseok obviously didn't reject the offer and was there at the dorm within half an hour. As he stepped inside he looked over at the kitchen and found Jin, Jimin and Jungkook engaged in an argument there while the smell of the food filled the dorm.

He went into the lounge where Taehyung and Yoongi were busy playing video game. They waved at him without taking their eyes off the screen.

'It's just like the old times.' He looked around with a smile on his face, then his gaze landed on Namjoon who was just coming into the lounge, he nodded at him with a half smile, Namjoon also nodded his head in acknowledgement.

Apart from work, both had seen each other at the dorm today, after Yoongi's wedding day. Jin looked at them both from over the kitchen counter, as by now he had managed to convince Jungkook to follow his instructions.

"Hey! You two! RM and Hobi-ya! Don't remain standing there! Place the table!"

Namjoon and Hoseok obviously started with the task, because everyone does what Jin says. That's the unwritten rule of the dorm.

"You Taehyung-ie! You'll be doing the dishes after the meal!"

Taehyung showed him a thumbs-up sign as he still raced his car against Yoongi's.

Jungkook eyed Jin at this point, "Hyung! And what's Yoongi hyung supposed to do?"

"Eat and sleep! Ya! You, you've burned this, don't ya! I'll beat you with my spatula!" Jin really slapped his back with the spatula in his hand.

Jungkook laughed shamelessly, he was hopping like a little bunny today, glad to have all his hyungs  with him.

"Jin hyung, how do we know that the noodles are cooked?" Jugkook looked into the pot of noodles and asked.

"It's easy, see if it sticks to the wall, it means that it is cooked." Jin threw a noodle to the wall to demonstrate it to him.

Jungkook chuckled and Jimin laughed till his tummy ached as he watched both of them throwing noodles at the wall.

Hoseok who was picking the plates and bowls out of the cupboard shook his head in indignation. He had a feeling that he would be the one cleaning all this up at the end.

"He's supposed to be the eldest one around here!" He remarked.

"And also the one who keeps all of us together!" Namjoon said as he helped him lay out on the table.

"That's true, Joonie."

After the hearty late night dinner, Taehyung washed the dishes while Yoongi dried them. Then they all just sprawled at odd angles in the lounge itself. Some on the two couches and some on the floor.

As the night progressed their voices came down to whispers and after a while silence took over the dorm. All seven slept soundlessly. The only sound being the sound of their steady breaths as everyone's feeling before dozing off was how much they have really missed this time together.

As Jungkook's early morning alarm sounded, he was still sound asleep till the pillows and cushions were thrown at him from every direction. It was when Jimin kicked his leg that he woke up for a second to at least switch off his alarm and went back to sleep again.

Everyone slept till late that day, they could as they weren't required to be there at the company or elsewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~