62. GROUP HUG

WHY TODAY'S DAY HAS TO EVER COME TO EXISTENCE?

It was kind of like a best and worst feelings taking place in the bottom of my heart together. I couldn't figure out who to blame and who not.

Well, nobody's at blame. Karan asked me out to come over before dad's (rude) announcement. I fought with dad because he started comparing and now, after all this shit, what do I do?

I never told Karan the actual reason as to why I fought with my dad. Yeah, I defended him but he doesn't know why. Because dad desperately wants me in the party because Karan does too. And he wants to win over Karan. That's. . . . Ridiculous.

Why mom has to ever leave me in this mess? If she hadn't left us like this, when we were mess, dad would have been a lot better than he currently is. Well, is he currently?

It was evening already and I have not left my room for even once in all this time. Riddhi aunty would bring me all the things necessary for my survival throughout the day. And only few minutes were left for the party to start.

Why is he even holding it at home? It'd only increase one's work. A hotel or restaurant would've worked. He's causing trouble to everyone.

After much thinking, I come to a conclusion. I know you don't want to hear it but still, please do.

Karan understands. He definitely will.

Dad would never.

That's enough to let everyone know what have I concluded. I would call him and tell him that I can't come over because dad doesn't want me to. I can't risk having any more conflicts with dad. If he gets enraged enough to never let me meet him, I wouldn't be able to tolerate that.

Though I know, karan would do anything to meet me. He won't loose me for some ego.

I was about to make a call to Karan and give him the bad news of me not coming over, my phone rung with his name flashing. Khadoos Shergill.

I found myself hesitated to pick up the call. For some time, I let my fingers hover over the screen deciding to pick up now or not. I feel like betraying him.

I picked up.

"Hello." I said in a usual tone, not letting him know that I'm depressed right now.

"Heyyyy!" I had to keep the phone away to prevent my ear from loosing it's hearing ability because of the scream he just produced. "How you doing?"

"I'm alright but, are you? What was it about?" I asked, too intrigued to know that what else are the things that could make him scream instead of me.

"I'm so excited Monu. I just want you here as soon as possible. We are going to have a blast. We'll enjoy and it's a wrap up party and you'll be surprised to know what I'm going to tell you. So bring your beautiful figure here ASAP. Party is going to start in an hour and I want you with me so please, just don't be late. Bye."

I didn't even get time to produce any sound of interjection because he was speaking too fast for telling me his desire of having me there.

Fuuuuckkkkkk!

I wanted to scream my lungs out. Why can't I spend a single day without any dilemma?

Nothing can't happen now. I have to choose. Any one.

★★★

In atleast one hour, I got ready with all the stuff on my face and a dress. A dress that Karan ordered for me 2 days ago. He has the perfect taste though.