14. I TRUST YOU!

I WAS GNAWING MY LIPS DUE TO CURIOSITY what karan and that girl were talking. Should I go down? Karan will indirectly tell me and I would listen to his talks. I don't know why but I was feeling that way.

All of a sudden, my phone screen opened flashing the number of my dad on it. I clicked. It was 1pm by now and I've been ignoring his call since 10.

I finally picked it up and greeted him. I was guilty and I still am but I don't want to talk will not be appropriate thing to say, I'm not feeling like talking to him tbh. Or anyone. I'm just dying of curiosity.

"Monami? What's wrong with you? Why weren't you picking up my call? And you left the house unacquainted with me and aunty? And didn't do breakfast too?" He shot on me and I was already frustrated.

"Because I didn't wanted to listen all this from you. That's why I wasn't picking your call." I retorted. "Dad don't worry I ate breakfast here."

"You ate there and not here? What's wrong with you Monami. You were to hate actors and Karan and now you're having breakfast at his home."

"Dad you know what? I'm trying to change myself so you should too. And if you can't then please don't make me like you. And technically, I told them the recipe so I've all the right to taste what I told them to make." I shot back. Maybe I was little harsh. But I really don't care, do I? He took a massive decision of my life to come to this family everyday and whole day. Otherwise, I would have backed out blurting out the actual truth.

"Monami what is this behaviour?" He scolded badly. I know the consequences when I'll reach home but I'm ready.

"Dad I'm busy. I'll talk to you later."

I disconnected and again the guilt ran down my spine. Was this what I suppose to say or argue?

I saw aunty who dived into sleep reclined against the bed only. I waved my hand two three times infront of her face to know whether she's asleep or pretending. She was asleep guys.

I went down the stairs and was seeing Karan's back. When I was descending, the other girl observed me.

"Karan!" She cocked her brow to karan and he looked back to see me while I was awkward at the moment.

"Monami. She's is Sanjana. Sanjana dubey. My childhood friend and hopefully my co star." Karan introduced me to her and she gave me a pleasant smile while I returned it back.

"Hii, I'm Monami Mahajan!" I brought my hand out to shake it with her and she shook it back.

"Mahajan? You're daughter of Deepak mahajan?"

"Yeah? How do you know?" I surprisingly asked.

"Ofcourse I know. He's one of the biggest architect of the country." She said. That was impressive. She knows him and karan don't. I'm little annoyed with the fact. While we were talking, he looked little, a lot more exasperated.

"Yeah! Thanks!" I returned the broad smile formed between my lips and eyebrows stitching into frowns on seeing karan so negligible. "Friends?" I asked and now Karan seems to be little interested to our talks.

"Ofcourse!" She smilingly responded while I took a seat beside her. I hope she didn't mind, did she?

Karan's eyes were wide opened and he wasn't seeming to be that happy that I found myself. Isn't he happy that her friend Sanjana just got a new friend.

We three need to have some conversations before this become awkward because of my presence. So I commenced with the most silly thing I could blurt out.

"Are you both dating, either?"

What's happening to you Monami? Have you completely lost it?

Yes I did! I think I surely lost my mind to ask such questions to everyone around.

"No!" Sanjana scoffed while karan shrieked. They looked repulsive as I asked that. That's what friends do. So I'm sure now that they are just friends.

But why the fuck you're caring Monami?

"We are childhood friends Monami. We've been studying together since 4th. And I think both of us had decided in 9th or 10th that we'll become actors. I never knew that I'd be succeeded in this but here I am." Sanjana felt so happy while explaining me. She's so adorable while talking and let me tell you that she's so skinny too.

Karan nodded at every statement of hers and I felt that he felt that I invaded his privacy by coming down.

"Has he always been like that?" I whispered to Sanjana who giggled at my comment but pretended to ask,

"Like what?"

"Grumpy!"

"Yeah, like, most of the times." She replied chuckling. "He became like this due to certain bad and, really bad things happened to him."

She knows!

She knows the story behind this mystical Karan Shergill. I want to know now. What's the story that has sort of strewn him?

"Sanjana, we're late, let's go." Karan interjected when Sanjana was about to tell me about the past.

Is it 3 already? It's not even 2:30 and karan informed his mother that he's gotta go at 3. Is he doing that because of me? Whatever, I don't care.

Sanjana nodded and we all stood up from our respective positions while I followed them to their car. Karan was walking swiftly to reach to his car while me and Sanjana were walking behind and talking.

"He claims that he's truly imperfect and he hate perfections. I mean, who hate perfection? I'm trying to be perfect one day and he hate perfections? Like, come on." I opened up to her while she again chuckled.

"Let me tell you something then." She said implanting the suspense. "There was a time when he wanted to be perfect."

My jaw dropped to the floor and eyes widened as I heard that. Wasn't he the one to repel perfection? To hate it and, wait, am I hearing her correct? Or am I just over reacting?

"Don't be shocked." She continued. "He had a desire to get perfect and he opened up to me about this when we were in 6th standard. But all his desires reduced to ashes when his father left him."

"Sanju, come we're getting late." Karan called her and she rushed to his Audi. Expensive huh!

I went near the car to bid her bye and while turning, karan called me. I knew that was coming, and I already know what is he gonna say to me. That,

"Monami, mom ka khayaal rakhna or ho sake to Siya ka bhi. You know her condition and I hope now you know how immature she is so please." I knew that. I nodded to his plead. "I trust you that you'd not Fail at this." He added.

This statement wasn't expected at all. I know he would ask me to take care of her mother and sister but trust thing was never their between us, was it?

I went few steps back so that Karan can turn his car to finally leave the house.

And a lot of things circulated my nerves at the moment.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

VOTE

COMMENT