36. I WANT TO WALK!

"DID YOU DROP MONAMI TO HER PLACE?" Dad intimidatingly asked making all three of us lay down there and someone just needs to bring three coffins. I was so scared.

Dad had forgiven him last day but then, why was he treating him like a hostile?

Sid gave me a deadly baffled look from the side, then whispering in my ears,

"Teri choice teri tarah hi dumb hai?" I wish I could just slap him and shout STFU loudly but I resisted myself and ended up slapping him on his forearm.

"Chup kar!"

"Ye konsi prajati se hai?" I narrowed my eyes at him giving him bewildered look. "I mean, konsi species se hai?"

"I got that, but why species?"

"Ye actor hai, he travels the world and he doesn't have mind to use that this place is not less than any lion's cave?"

"I know, right? He enraged me." I mourned focusing on him who's still struggling to find and excuse. "Abhi chup reh kar sun bas. Pata nahi konsa bomb phodne wala hai!"

"Erm...yes! I dropped her." Karan replied and I swung dropped on the couch huffing in disagreement.

"Isne to sach bol diya." Sid whispered in my ear. And I jerked him off.

"Sunai de raha hai mujhe. Mein kya karun?"

"Chill kar!"

"Shut up." I punched him on his stomach and he produced a sound of pain. Ow!

"Is it?" Dad asked and I can imagine him raising his eyebrows.

"Ji uncle."

"To tumne jhoot kyun bola?"

"Jhoot? Mene jhoot nahi bola."

I twisted my head after listening what karan replied. He clear cut lied and said he didn't do anything. I was hoping for him to make a good excuse out of his this lie that said he wasn't lying.

"Tumne kaha na ke tum dost se milne aaye the. Or abhi keh rahe ho ke Monami ko drop karne aaye the." Dad asked.

"No uncle you got this wrong. I was coming here to meet my friend and Monami was leaving from there so I said, why shouldn't I drop you today. So I dropped her. And moreover, I wanted to ask and discuss about progress in my mom's health." Karan neatly explained.

I was proud of his answer. I haven't expected that he could also do that. He lied for me? I'm touched.

"Good. Waise ek baat kahoon." What my dad gonna say now? I'm scared.

"Ji. . . Um. . . ." He looked at me for a split second over my dad's shoulder. I shrugged. "kahiye."

"Tumne Monami ko forcefully iss job mein rakha tha. She is your responsibility. And This is your responsibility now to fetch and drop her everyday."

What? I'm dancing in my head like maniac. Though I know karan will never agree to that but still I loved listening to that.

"What? Dad? No?" I shouted from back now carefully trudging towards him with Sid. "You forgot on which topic we fought. Because you thought that i'm--" dad showed me his big eyes restraining me to speak further. I forgot that he thinks that karan doesn't know the reason but unfortunately, I already blurted it out.

"It's ok Monami. It's ok uncle, I'll fulfil my responsibility. I'll come everyday to fetch her and drop her."

Omfg! Just tell me he's the same Karan I met on the first day. That one who swore that he would never see my face again is ready for a task like this. I will get to be along with him, everyday, for next three months.