26. YOU'RE SO RUDE!

"HAVE YOU PACKED EVERYTHING? LIKE, discharge papers, medicine prescription, your reports and medicine bag?" Karan asked when he entered inside the ward. He already handed me all this to keep in my bag and left outside, wherever.

"Yeah I did, but where should I pack myself?" I asked pursing my lips together. It was evening of the other day and I felt like ages since I saw my family.

I was reclined on the bed putting all the stuffs in my bag I used to take everyday to his home.

"Why? Why would you ask that?" He scoffed while asking this. Like, I'm feeling like a lifeless figure right now.

"Karan I can't walk. Not even a little bit. You know my leg was already sprained yesterday morning but still I came to your house with the sprained leg and then this accident, it added to my discomfort in walking and my head is spinning and my hand was—"

"Ok ok! I get it!" He cutoff me, sighing. Did I say too much? "No need to worry about walking, I'll be with you. I mean, I'll support you to walk. You keep your one hand on mine and take the support of my arm with another hand, and I'll keep my another hand on your shoulder and your legs—"

"Ok ok! I get it." He was literally describing me how to take support when you need to walk.

"Thik hai phir! Chalo!" He said turning back. He forgot what he described minutes ago.

"Who will help me climb off this bed?" I asked cutely. I don't know what's making me cute with him but I just want pamper from him.

He sighed and got to me hanging my bag on his back. That baffled me.

"I can hang it on my back." I said explicitly.

"Then I won't be able to lift you." He retorted.

"W-what?"

As soon as exclamation left my mouth, I was in his arms with his hands under my knees and back. To support myself on him, I encircled my hands on his neck.

"I can walk Karan. I just need support." I said severely.

"Aren't you comfortable?" He asked not looking at me but on the way to get to his car.

"I am. But still, I can walk." I argued.

"Monami I really don't have time. I'd have to walk with the speed you'd walk. Today's hopefully night shoot so I've to leave after leaving you at home. Please understand." He explained.

"Karan it's embarrassing." I whispered.

"Don't be. We've hugged each other without each other's consent and nothing could be as embarrassing as that."

I didn't get that. What did he just say? How can he be so smooth while speaking it? I would never be able to remain so calm while bringing that up again.

"Right now also, you're lifting me without my consent." I informed trying not to look in his eyes.

"You want to get down?"

"I—"

"If I'll drop you down, I'll not support you to car also." He threatened.

"That's so mean of you."

"That's so me. I'm like this only."

At first, he impresses me and next moment, he piss me off. Bloody grumpy imperfectionist. Oh fuck. Oh shit. Sorry karan.

All the way to the car, I was unnerved by the eyes that were stalking both of us. And this man, how can he be so unrepentant? I don't get him.

"Will you bother to drop me now?" I asked as we reached his car. I don't know where my car is and I don't even want to think about that. I will never use that car again.

"I will not bother myself lifting you anymore so just get down of me."

Ouch!

"You're insanely rude. You know that?"

"Thank you for letting me know." He dropped me down and left for driving seat to other side. I managed myself to get into it. God help me ha. It's hurting a lot, like a lot.

I cautiously sat inside the passenger seat of car. He start the engine and drove me to my home. I have to break the silence between us. I want to talk to him. And I expect he will not give me any rude answer.

"You saved me? How do you know I faced an accident near prithvi theatre?" I asked cocking my head.

"I didn't save you."

"Then?"

"Akshay Verma, remember?"

I mused his name for some time. Akshay Verma. Akshay Verma. Akshay Verma. Akshay Verma. AKSHAY VERMA. I Shouted.

"Yeah, I know him. He's my patient whom I helped to get out from depression." How can I forget him? He's one of my favourite patient. He has always been nice to me.

"Yeah! He saved you. He saw you at theatre and brought you here. Then called me." He said. But, why would he call him?

"Called you? Why would he call you?" I asked curiously.

"My—" he trailed off. "My name was on your favourite list." He said not making an eye contact.

He knows! Why didn't I remove his name from list? Now I feel, why had I starred his name? That was so stupid of me.

Maybe my dad scrutinized my phone lookin' his name on my starred contacts. That probably outraged him. Otherwise, why would he say that don't you think you're getting too obsessed with karan? Fuck man. I'm guilty.

I don't want to talk about this now. This will embarrass me more.

Shouldn't I name my life as, welcome to embarrassing World!

Ugh!

"Why didn't he admitted me at my hospital? I mean, where I work as senior doctor?" I asked shaking that topic off.

"Perhaps, this was nearer than yours." He shrugged.

I didn't came up with anything, so I hushed.

I reclined my head on headrest closing my eyes exasperatedly. I was feeling some sort of that peace, sukoon.

And I was looking at karan from the corner of my eyes letting my head still rest on it. He looked, he looked, he looked, he actually looked, hot!

If he wanted, he could've said that he saved me, but he didn't. He gave the appreciation to the person who deserved it. He's modest.

As I saw him turning his head to see me, I turned my head to the window. It was drizzling and it was mid evening. I licked my lips because I felt them as they were drying.

I was smiling unknowingly, obliviously, as if my lips curved that way without my consent.

Something was good, something was actually good. Though I know, it's gonna be a blast at home and my daddy will yell at me even after knowing my condition but I was in such good mood that I will bear that too. I wonder if I will smile at that time too. I was feeling so positive.

"Are you ok?" Karan asked when he looked at me laughing unnecessarily looking outside at the road.

"I think I'm more than ok. I'm happy!" I replied. Smilingly.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Heya!
What do you guys think? Our Monami is falling?

Come on. You know where she is falling.

Let's see if she will, or not.

I really want her to fall.

And important notice, I'm on a hiatus for 15 days as from tomorrow my pre boards exams are starting. Still I will try to post 2 or 3 chapters in the mid days.

VOTE

COMMENT