11. WHO WILL COOK?

"AUNTY! WHAT AM I LISTENING?" I SAID when I saw her in her room having rest while watching telly.

"What?" She asked welcoming me sit beside her.

"You didn't ate anything healthy after I left. Karan was complaining." And ordered me too. I wanted to say but I can't.

"Karan?" She was amazed to hear his name. "He complaint you about me?" She said being amused. Was it so impossible for us to talk without fighting? We actually did casual conversation few minutes ago.

"Yeah! He said you're not listening to anyone at home and he made me a personal dietitian of this house and yours!" I elucidated not telling her the way he ordered me but everything is somewhat sorted for now.

"Ok, so tum, yahi rahogi poore din?" She asked with suspicion. While I was wondering why she's being so?

"Um- maybe!" I replied maintaining the courtesy. Maybe, that question was offensive. But I'm not offended.

"Wow!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Great! I will get a company!" She said confounding me. She just said, she will get a company. What about Siya? She isn't a company to her?

That day, when I criminally heard their conversation, aunty was saying, Siya ko kon samjhayega? What's wrong with her and Siya? As much as I've seen, they both are, you know, connected. Is their any mystery going on in this family?

"Ok!" I amusingly reacted. "Waise, what could be Siya's age?" I asked her as I found Siya peer to me. I wasn't sure.

"Um...maybe 23 or 23 and half." She remembered and replied. I thought she didn't remembered. But she was meticulously remembering it.

"Okkk!" I stretched. "I thought she's of my age." I said. Then, if Siya is so young to me and karan said that day that, wo choti thi, she was naive. She was small when that happened. And as much as I've observed, karan is 31 or 30 maybe. So Siya is 6 - 7 years younger than him.

So when "something" happened to their family, Siya was actually 7 years younger than him. She was actually naive as per the age of her than karan.

"What's your age Monami?" Aunty asked me making me come out of my trance.

"I'm 27!" I said. How could I assume that Siya is of my age? She is literally, 4 years younger than me. I'm so bad at assuming. She's not peer to me. She'd actually behaved like a kid the day before.

"Have you bathed?" I asked as I felt she'd just woke up. Her skin looked pale and she sounded lazy. She might have not but as I said, I'm really bad at assuming.

"I haven't!" Hopefully! "I feel too lazy to drag myself to bathroom." She's so me. I feel the same. But not feeling the urge to reveal it to her.

"So, you can bath, I'll check your breakfast done." I said while she nodded. I don't blame her for being late and extend my routine as I want her to rest as much as she can.

I went down to see laxman there. I can't cook anywhere near so I asked him and he elucidated me that cook has not come today.

"What?" Was my loud reaction. I couldn't help but shriek. I can't cook and can't find anyone in this house who could cook. Sana? Who bought me kachoris last day? Or Siya? Not on this Earth I can persuade myself that Siya can cook. I can't ask aunty herself for breakfast for her.

THEN WHO THE HELL WILL HELP ME TO COME OUT OF THIS?

Karan is paying to take care of her mother and I can't do anything right now. Observing laxman himself, I can't feel that he can cook.

I loung on couch behind me tensing on the subject that WHO WOULD COOK FOR ME? I mean FOR HER?

"Um- what's happening!" I heard a hoarse voice coming from a little far away. I lifted my head up to see as always a vigorous man standing with his hands in his pants pockets. He probably asked laxman as he saw me with my bowed head.

"Monami didi, wo..." Laxman trailed off when karan asked him to go and continue his work but politely. He wasn't stern with his statement which might offend laxman. He was polite. Ok, is it taking time for me to digest the fact that he was polite?

"Monami! What happened?" He asked me while I stood up just to fell short of words.

"Ravi bhaiya nahi aye aaj." I sadly grumbled.

"Ok! So?" He reacted.

"I don't know cooking and I don't think in this house any one can cook and I can't ask aunty to cook for her own." I said in one breathe, sounding a little more silly. Was it that tensed matter?

"No worry I'll cook!" He said making my jaw drop to the floor. "You guide me and I'll follow you."

Really! Am I in some sort of reverie once AGAIN? What was that suppose to mean? He's gonna take my order and cook? How on earth he could cook? Did his mom taught him to cook? And not Siya?

For now, I've to accept the fact that I'll order him and he'll do as I say. Isn't it sounding royally cool?

We decided to move to the kitchen and he beckoned me to go first saying ladies first.

GOD! I'LL BECOME A DIABETIC PATIENT THIS NIGHT IF THIS CONTINUES TO HAPPEN WITH ME?

It's not like I don't want this to happen. I'm urging to make this happen. But this way too sweet than I'd ever expect from this guy.

"Siya doesn't cook?" I asked as I sat on the front chair in front of him, all set to order. While he was moving from drawers to the sink. And to the gas. And to the stuffs. And to the fridge. Eventually doing what I'm saying.

"No she doesn't! She's naive right now." He responded not looking into my eyes. Why everyone consider her naive? What's wrong with her? And everyone here? Perhaps, I shouldn't be included in what they do or what not. I'm just a doctor here so I think, I shouldn't be too interested in their talks.

I was lost in my own contemplation when he snapped his fingers infront of my face and I can see the questioning look took place across his face.

"Dr. Monami Mahajan? Where are you lost?" Probably figuring out your family matters.

"No nowhere!"

"So will you tell me what are we gonna make today?" He asked me as modestly as he could.

"Um-" I mused. "Sheet pan eggs and veggies!" I replied questioningly. To know whether he liked what I suggested or not.

"Not bad!" He said and was doing as I was ordering.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Finally, Monami is happy after so much maddening pain she was feeling in the last chapter.

VOTE

COMMENT