XVII | The Dark Owl

Start from the beginning

The Owl came and jumped on the bench nearby. "Hoo-hoo!"

"Owl!" You shouted.

"Owl Talon! Hoo-hoo!" The Owl shot his gun missing by a lot. The hook got stuck on a truck passing by, and dragged The Owl away. The Owl crashed into a trash can, knocking it down.

You sighed, rubbing towards him. "Mr. Damocles! Is everything okay?" Ladybug asked concerned.

"I am not Mr. Damocles! I am The Owl!" Mr. Damocles posed, but quickly backed down seeing everyone recording the interaction. "You've revealed my secret identity!" Mr. Damocles covered his eyes.

"We're sorry, Mr... Owl! We didn't mean to!"

"Don't take it the wrong way."

Mr. Damocles looked like he were about to cry. He ran away from everyone, tripping on a bench on the way out. "Oh, god." You whispered to yourself cringing.

"Sorry it was a bust. You were trying to do the right thing." Alya handed Ladybug the box of fake miraculous to her. "Yeah. Now we have to hope no one hears about it."

But, of course, it were all over the news. Every news station played clips of The Owl, and the video where his identity was revealed. Ladybug asked if she could meet you a while after the situation happened. So, here you were on the same building roof sitting with Ladybug. It was dusk, the sun was just beginning to set.

"You were right. We should've just told him and none of this would've happened." You put a hand on Ladybug's shoulder. "It's okay, Ladybug. I know you just wanted to do the right thing. We should just leave him alone for now."

Yours and Ladybug's phone rang at the same time, an owl symbol on the cover. You frowned, already knowing what's happening. "Citizens of Paris, listen to me carefully. With just one movement, I can release the rope holding up this city bus." The camera point of view switched showing the inside of the bus that was full of zoo animals. "And all the animals inside will crash down upon this poor, helpless little kitten."

The camera lowered, now showing a black kitten with green eyes sitting on a pillow. "And if anyone should be tempted to come save these animals, beware, it is all rigged! Liquid nitrogen will douse the feet of the Eiffel Tower, freezing them to minus seven hundred degrees and making them more fragile than glass. They will collapse, and the bus will flatten our cute little kitten friend!" The Owl laughed evilly. Ladybug, Catwoman, the only way you can save these sweet animals is to come and hand your miraculous over to me. Follow the Owl symbol."
The line went dead, and a symbol of an owl appeared in the dark sky.

"For someone who wanted to be a hero he sure is gruesome." Ladybug nodded.

"We must stop the countdown."

"If you want, I can distract him with some chitchat."

"You certainly are the cat for that." You both pressed a button on your objects, putting the ear pieces on. "We'll stay in touch."

You extended your staff, following where the symbol was. You made it to the empty stadium, looking around. "Hoo-hoo! Mr. Damocles!" You yelled, hoping calling him that would provoke him to come out. It did. R tree e

A bright spotlight shined directly on you, temporarily blinding you. "I am not Mr. Damocles! I am... The Dark Owl!"

"Let's talk about this. Why don't we just team up, the three of us? After all, you do have all the real powers now!"