XVII | The Dark Owl

Start from the beginning

"Maybe we should tell him." You suggested. Ladybug looked at you confused. "Tell him? That'd probably break his heart. We should... how about we help him make his dream come true." Now you looked confused. "He said all he want was to be a hero, even if it was just for a one day."

You said her a small smile. "Thats right, but we could also just tell him." You repeated. Ladybug deadpanned you. "Cmon, I understand he wants to be a hero and all, but this is serious business, Ladybug. Sometimes you have to tell someone something exactly how it is for them to finally understand. Yes, he might be sad, but we need to protect the whole city of Paris, we can't waste time doing this stuff just for a grown man to complete his childhood dream, no matter how disappointing it would be for him. And possibly with a plan like that, he might react worse than if we had just told him. That's if the plan went wrong somehow..." You paused. "In the end, all that matters is that he and everyone else is safe and protected."

Ladybug looked guilty, agreeing with you without saying so. "But, if you really want to try this, we can do it."

"Just this once... and if it doesn't work, we'll just have to tell him to stop." You nodded.

"Okay, I'm always on your side, Ladybug." You put your hand over Ladybugs. She looked more relaxed now, scooting a little closer to you. "So do you have any ideas?"

"I might just have one..."

The next day after school, Mr. Damocles was once again rushing students out the school. Nino had asked about playing the online gaming battle. "Uh... sorry, Nino. But my mom said today's the last day she'll need my help!" You smiled. Both Adrien and Nino got excited that you'd all finally get to play together.

Ladybug sent you the address to go to. When you made it there, Alya was working on something on her computer. Ladybug knocked on the widow, getting Alya's attention. She immediately perked up. "Ladybug? Catwoman? Woah!" She smiled.

Ladybug walked in the room with you following behind her. "We need your help with something."
Alya bit her lip in excitement. "Anything for you heroes!" Ladybug told Alya the entire plan.

Alya picked up her phone dialing the schools office number. "Hello?" He answered.

"Is this The Owl?" Alya asked, making her voice deeper than normal.

"Who is this?! How do you know my secret identity?!"

You, Alya, and Ladybug giggled quietly. "I am Cardboard Girl, the supervillain! I've kidnapped Ladybug and Catwoman." Alya laughed evilly, then held the phone closer to you. "Help up, Owl!" Ladybug semi shouted. "Save us!"

"Release them immediately!" The Owl demanded. Alya laughed evilly again. "Never! And I'll never tell you that I'm holding them at the Place des Vosges square, either!"

"Ha, ha! You just gave yourself away, Cardboard Girl! Now you shall face the feathered fury of... The Owl!" The line went quiet. Alya hung up the phone smirking at you two. "So, how was I?"

"Nailed it." You gave her a thumbs up.

"Now you just need to put this on." Ladybug held up an obviously handmade cardboard suit. "Uh.. you sure about this... outfit?"

"Definitely." you and ladybug nodded.

Alya put on each piece of the cardboard fit, looking at her self after. "We should hurry to the park now." You said.

Ladybug held Alya, swinging with her. You stayed close behind just in case something happened. When you landed, you each quickly got into character.

"Oh, no! My earrings!" Ladybug covered her ears. You covered your finger with the ring on it. "Oh, darn! We're done!"