Journey to the city

Will Pov

I woke up feeling someone caressing my forehead. When I opened my eyes I saw Caesar sitting next to my sleeping figure looking at me.

''Good....morning,'' he said to me.

"Good morning, Caesar," I replied, smiling.

"We have to go," someone said, and we turned to see a Koba standing next to us.

"We...are...leaving.....soon," Caesar said, looking at him.

Koba then came out and Caesar turned his gaze back to me.

"Oh sorry, I should have gotten ready sooner," I said.

''They....can....wait, just....get.....ready'', he replied and I blushed a little.

How I love it when he takes care of me. I quickly packed the things I need for the trip and then we headed to the other apes. We started on foot and stopped after two hours. "Here," said Caesar, handing me an apple from the tree.

"Thank you," I replied, accepting the apple.

He smiled and then we spent a few minutes with blue eyes. We continued our journey and after a full hour we arrived. I looked towards my destroyed hometown and almost got emotional. It was very hard for me to watch this. Caesar noticed that I was sad, so he did something that surprised me. He turned me towards him and put his hands on either side of my head. Then our heads touched and he closed his eyes.

"You...safe....with....us, don't....worry," he told me and I put my hands on his.

''I know, thank you,'' I answered, and then we headed towards the city.

As we passed through the city, we looked around. I noticed that some of the apes felt sorry for the dead people, I feel the same but now it can't be fixed. We passed many ruins and shops, and I can say that most of the apes didn't even know they were shops. I looked at the same place where I woke up from unconsciousness and felt a great guilt, at myself. I felt that I was responsible for all this, this all happened because of me.

"This is all my fault," I said, looking around.

"No, we.....can....fix...it," replied Caesar looking at me.

"I hope so," I said. We settled in some ruined building.

After a few hours, night began to descend. Since I found a blanket in this building, I decided to use it for sleeping. Then the little apes came to me and looked at me sadly. "Can I help you little ones?" I asked the little apes looking at them.

''Apes...cold," answered one little ape and I smiled.

"Wait here," I said, going on an adventure looking for a lighter.

Cesarme followed to see where I was going. After a few minutes I found a lighter and headed back. I put some wood on the floor and lit the lighter. After a few seconds I managed to light the fire and the little apes looked at me in surprise.

"Don't go too close to the fire," I said and Caesar translated for them.

''They...thank...you, and...so...do...I," said Caesar, looking at me.

''I would always help you,'' I replied, warming myself by the fire.

Caesar smiled and took my hand in his.

"I...love...you...Will," he said kissing my cheek.

I laughed a little and looked at him.

"I love you too, Caesar," I answered leaning on his shoulder.

We spent a few minutes sitting like that and then fell asleep.