Meeting him

Will Pov

I woke up because the sun's rays crossed my eyes. I climbed out of the camp and began to assemble it. After a few minutes I packed up the camp and put it in my backpack. I put out the fire and moved on. After waking up my stomach expects me to eat breakfast like I do every day but now everything is different. I force myself not to eat in the morning to preserve as much food as possible. After an hour of walking I saw strawberries, finally some food.

Even though they are small, there were a lot of them, so that didn't worry me

Even though they are small, there were a lot of them, so that didn't worry me. I immediately started eating them because I couldn't put them in my backpack so they wouldn't squish. I ate for five minutes and I can say that I was at least full. I returned to my direction not knowing if I was going the right way or not. After two hours of walking, I sat down on a rock to rest. While I was walking a little while ago, I became worried because I heard some noises. I hope to meet Caesar soon.

Then I heard a voice, rather a ape howl. I headed towards it and when I saw the ape I hid behind a tree. I peeked out and saw a young ape stuck in a bear trap. I couldn't just leave him like that, so I went out in front of him. He looked at me scared but I put my hands in the air to show him that I had nothing to harm him with. When I got to him I looked at his wound. He was quite injured. I put my hands between the bear trap and his leg and looked up at him. Then slowly and with difficulty I barely opened the trap. When it opened we both moved away from it. He looked at me and then ran away from me.

I sat down on the floor well away from the trap and sighed. At least I did something good. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and stood up. Then I noticed hanging from the trees and various sounds. There were a lot of sounds that started to scare me. Just when I was about to move on, a ape jumped behind me, causing me to fall. He started sniffing me and then a fellow ape jumped in front of me and him and pushed him. Since I had my hands over my head as a protective measure, I couldn't see who was in front of me. After a few seconds, I removed my hands from my head and saw Caesar. He held out his hand to help me up and I gladly accepted it.

''Caesar," I said looking at him.

Then he put his hand behind my head and pulled me closer to him and hugged me.

After a few seconds, he pulled out of the hug and looked at me.

"Will," he said.

Then one of the apes approached us and looked at me. It was the same ape I rescued a little while ago. He showed some sign language to Caesar while I stood and looked at them in confusion.

''My son,'' he said, pointing to that ape.

"He.....thank you....like.....me, thank......you," he added.

"You're welcome little one" I said as I looked at him.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Blue eyes," he replied.

I just smiled looking at him.

''What.....are.....you....doing......here....alone?'' He asked me.

 I sighed deeply and looked at the ground.

"Actually, my house is destroyed, the city is all destroyed, everything is gone," I answered.

 "Come......with... us, can't......live.... alone," he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes," he said.

"Okay then, thank you," I replied.

 When we turned around I could see about twenty apes. I swallowed deeply and started walking close to caesar since I didn't feel safe around anyone else.

~~~

>Caesar<

Age: 18
Wife: dead
Son: Blue Eyes
Friends: Maurice, Ash, Koba, other apes

Age: 18Wife: deadSon: Blue EyesFriends: Maurice, Ash, Koba, other apes