Getting the power back

Will Pov

As soon as I woke up, I realized that everyone was already awake. I opened my backpack and took an apple for breakfast. He came to me with blue eyes and looked at the apple. I smiled and gave him another apple, which he happily took. He went to Caesar to show it to him while I continued to eat in peace. Before I had finished eating, Caesar came to me.

"Have you eaten?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Are we leaving now?" I asked him.

"Yes," he replied.

I noticed that he was the only one waiting for me while all the apes left. When I closed the backpack and put it on my back, we started. After a few minutes we reached the dam and saw Malcolm and his team. Me and Caesar came up to him and greeted each other.

"Have you started yet?" I asked him.

"No, we were waiting for you," he said.

"Here, this will help us," I said, taking out a few things from my bag.

"Omg, did you fit all that in your bag? So great!" He said and I laughed.

''Yes, I had space. Shall we go inside?'' I asked and he nodded.

We, Caesar, blue eyes and a couple of curious apes entered. When we entered I looked at the old systems and devices and sighed.

"We should start with this device first," Malcolm said and I nodded.

Before I followed Malcolm I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Be....careful," Caesar said looking at me.

"I will," I replied.

We put gloves on our hands and headed towards the platform.

''This is quite old,'' I said, looking at the plants on the walls.

''Yes, I hope we can," Malcolm said.

Then me and malcolm received the rope. Malcolm began to wrap the rope around me while Caesar and a pair of apes looked at him strangely. Caesar came to us and then touched the part of the rope that was around my waist.

"Safe?" he asked looking at me.

''Yes very much," replied Malcolm.

"Don't worry, it's okay," I answered, but Caesar looked at me worried anyway.

Malcolm tied the end of the rope to something solid to make sure I didn't fall. Then his son also wrapped the rope around it and finally tied it next to my rope. We both looked down before starting to descend. I have to admit, I was a little scared, but I concentrated. I looked at Caesar before I went down and I saw how worried he was looking at me. But why? Maybe I'm attracted to him? I put all my thoughts away from accidentally falling. We started to descend and at the same time we were looking down.

''Is there a device nearby?" I asked and he immediately nodded.

''Yes, yes, don't worry. It's ten meters down and we're about five now,'' he said.

After a few tense minutes, we managed to get down and untie the rope from ourselves.

''We're here!" Malcolm shouted to let the others know.

We approached the device and took the tools in our hands. I saw that there was a measuring cabinet on the wall so I approached it.

"I'll try to get electricity," I said.

"Ah, try, but it will be difficult," replied Malcolm.

After half an hour I gave up the electricity and went to help Malcolm. After a couple of attempts, we managed to start the machine and shouted with joy.

"FINALLY!" Malcolm shouted and we hugged.

"Hey, do you need help downstairs?" Alexander asked us.

''No, we managed to fix the device! You, Ellie and Sarah try to find drinking water and tell the carver to stay!'' He shouted to his son who left.

"Just the current," I said, walking towards the current.

"Give me a try," he said and I moved away to give him space.

After a few tries, he succeeded and we looked at each other in surprise.

"Ugh, barely," I said, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

"Yes, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without you. If Carver had gone down there with me, it wouldn't have ended well. He would probably break the whole system out of anger,'' he said and we laughed. After a few minutes we started going up.