62 | murder madhouse

=====

=====

To Akaashi's surprise, he nearly bumped into Shouyou, who stood in front of the door as if he were about to leave the room.

He held a small hand over his stomach with a questioning look directed to Akaashi.

"Sorry, Sakusa-San and I were talking. You shouldn't be moving too much right now. Let me help you to the bed."

"Ah, no, it's okay. I need to speak with Sakusa."

Shouyou's voice was monotonous. Akaashi was almost surprised to hear it, but the poor ginger had been through a lot, so it makes sense.

Akaashi was finding it hard to read Shouyou's expression. It wasn't sad, wasn't angry, nor was it happy. It was just... content, maybe?

His worst enemy is gone, his family is well off and free of the burdens he caused, and the one person that loved him died a peaceful death at the hands of fate. Shouyou has no one to live for but the people here, and that's all he needs.

"He's busy at the moment. Why don't you take a relaxing bath until he's back? I'll run the water for you. Come."

"Uh... okay..?"

Akaashi gently swept Shouyou's hand in his from behind and guided him to the bathroom, where he sat the little ginger down on the stool.

Shouyou sniffed the air and felt a wave of deja vu collide with his chest. The smell of blood was thick in the air, and it was coming off of Akaashi in large wafts, poisoning the air in the bathroom.

"There. It's best to avoid the essential oils and soap, for now. Is there anything you need that would-"

Akaashi froze when his eyes met with Shouyou's wide ones. It was as if he was staring at the space between them, and not at Akaashi's face.

Immediately, the black-haired male knew what was happening. Shouyou stood and took a step back, then another, then slammed the bathroom door shut and rushed as quickly and painlessly as he could.

What he saw when he opened his bedroom door made a yelp pass his lips. He stumbled, tripped, and ended up in front of Sakusa's bloody, limp body.

"Shouyou, don't panic..! You'll cause yourself more harm."

Akaashi was quick to come to Shouyou's aid and block his view. Even though Shouyou struggled against the hand holding him steady and the one pressed over his eyes, it ended rather quickly as blood began soaking the bandages wrapped around his wound.

"Shit..."

The black-haired male lifted Shouyou in his arms and brought him back into the bathroom, being sure to lock the door this time.

Shouyou's breathing was erratic as he shakily wiped the blood off of his hands and onto his pants legs.

"Ngh..." He tried so hard to hold his tears and cries back, but, in the end, they all dripped from his lips and eyes like acid.