21 | shouyou's dance partner

=====

=====

"If this is about the project, you can just tell the teacher you don't wanna do the dancing portion, and she'll let you off the-"

"That's not it," Akaashi interrupted, placing a hand over his black eye and glancing toward the ground. Shouyou crossed his arms and leaned against a desk.

"What happened to your eye?" Akaashi expected this question, thankfully, and took a few steps forward until Shouyou could see his gunmetal blue eyes more clearly, including the black ring resting around his right one.

"My mom hit me for not practicing enough last night. Isn't that cruel?" Shouyou's eyebrows furrowed in sympathy, and he reached out to place a hand on Akaashi's arm, rubbing it gently.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, offering a tight-lipped smile. Akaashi pulled him into a hug, tucking his nose into his nape and inhaling. His eyes widened, shimmering at the smell. Shouyou smelt so much... sweeter than usual, like a fresh bouquet of roses.

It was so enticing he couldn't help but to place a hand on Shouyou's arm and hold him closer, bending down to inhale more of that amazing smell.

"Uh, I didn't shower last night, you know..." He muttered, stumbling back and bumping against one of the desks. "It's okay, just let me hold you for a while... You're so warm..." Almost awkwardly, Shouyou accepted Akaashi's embrace because who would deny a victim of abuse?

"Why do you look so tired?" He nearly gasped, still trying to get in as much of Shouyou's smell as possible. "I don't know, just one of them days, I guess..."

The grip on his body tightened, signaling Akaashi knew he was lying. "What happened?" He asked, "To make today into 'one of them days?'"

Huffing, Shouyou tucked his nose into the taller male's shoulder, holding him just a bit closer for some extra comfort. "I'd rather not talk about it, but thanks..."

Silence enveloped them for a moment, the sun hiding behind a cloud and making the room dimmer. Their bodies were pressed deeply against each other, Akaashi's soft, yet deep, inhales sending a shiver down Shouyou's body.

The warmth was comforting.

"Are you and that one guy dating? Why'd you kiss him like that?" The questions came out strained as if he had been holding them in too long and they forced themselves out.

"What? Oh, no, that's just our way of saying 'hi' and 'bye.'"

Sighing in relief, Akaashi loosened his grip some on the ginger's body, fiddling with his fingers behind Shouyou's back absently.

"I can finish the choreography for our project by the end of tomorrow and give it to you during lunch if that's cool." Pulling his face from Shouyou's nape, Akaashi placed a hand on the ginger's cheek, caressing beneath his eye and smiling softly at him.