60 | a monster made of black blood

=====

=====

It's fate, according to Sakusa's mind.

They didn't even have to do anything to remove Itokawa from Shouyou's life, though there were a few ideas of how to get rid of him that popped up a few times.

The universe removed him before he caused any more problems.

The car crashed late at night with a power pole. He had been searching for Shouyou, according to Itokawa's heartbroken mother, and fell asleep at the wheel. The impact immediately snapped his neck.

That's not what Sakusa would tell Shouyou, though. What Shouyou was going to be told was that Itokawa got in a car crash thanks to another unsafe driver.

It'd be easier for Shouyou to get over it, surely, and what's bound to happen afterward is more than enough to help him forget.

-----

He's been told, now, the news of Itokawa's passing. Poor Shouyou's still crying, but not for long. Sakusa made it a point to assure Shouyou that they had no hand in his death with properly gathered evidence and witnesses.

Oikawa swung Shouyou in small circles joyously as they walked slowly to the backyard of the mansion. It was as dark as night is outside, with only a few small lights from the large building to light their way.

Only a few came to witness what was about to happen: Kageyama, Bokuto, Oikawa, Atsumu, and Sakusa. Oikawa was in charge of leading Shouyou to the path in the woods while Sakusa stayed close beside them.

Shouyou didn't understand why Oikawa was so happy. He felt as if his heart had been shattered into a million pieces. He's tired, he wants to sleep and forget about everything.

Bad luck seems to follow him everywhere. Poor Shouyou's scared of touching anyone, let alone getting close to them.

"Please... let me go..." He whimpered softly to Oikawa, who stopped his smiling to tilt his head curiously at the sulking ginger.

"Leave us be for a moment. I need to speak with Shouyou."

Per Sakusa's words, everyone reluctantly parted to the other side of the pool and out of earshot, only to see Sakusa take Shouyou behind the building.

"Look at me, Shouyou... please."

His reddened, swollen face raised to sadly connect with Sakusa's eyes. Something panged in the taller male's chest, but he quickly smothered the feeling.

That large, familiar hand brushed gently against Shouyou's face until it delicately cradled his pink-dusted cheek. Shouyou didn't have the energy to pull away, and, in fact, used Sakusa's hand to relax his head, which felt awfully heavy.

It reminded Sakusa of his cousin's new puppy, with its sleepy eyes and the almost guilty expression it held when it grew tired.

"It wasn't your fault. None of it was. Do not think that for even a moment. Do you understand?"