33 | walk me home

=====

=====

"Koutarou, what the hell is this?! I told you to do better! Your grades reflect our family, remember that!" Bokuto's mother exclaimed, crumpling the paper in her hands and tossing it at him.

His small body quivered, teeth sunk deep into his bottom lip. "You're to go to your room and not leave until you've memorized that whole textbook! If you don't, I swear you'll never see the light of day again!"

His father was just as angry as his mother, finger tapping continuously, harshly against Bokuto's skull as he filled the poor boy's head with useless words.

"You're nothing like your sister! She understands that our image rests on the two of you, be it dancing or school!"

Bokuto's fists shook in anger, his face red with boiling blood.

"Put that bag down! You're not going back to that school just to embarrass us even more!"

His backpack was slapped from his hand, and he could only stare at it on the floor with wide, deadly eyes.

The second his parents gave him enough space, he zoomed away from them and up the grand stairs of their mansion. They shouted at him, commanding him to return and scolding him like he was some disobedient dog.

He wasn't the dog, they were the dogs, barking and howling and yelping when he misbehaved- Bokuto was surprised they hadn't sprouted a tail and ears yet.

The bedroom door was slammed loudly, his already scuffed up fist almost naturally finding the wall beside the thick slab of wood that locked from the outside.

With a deep inhale, he finally let his feelings out to the ceiling of his bedroom and the soundproof walls that'd lock his voice in this room alone.

"STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!!!"

-----

Shouyou rolled his neck, attempting to work the knots out of it as he walked to the empty gym where he always practiced. He had just finished his costume try-on with Akari, and that's a whole pain in the ass in itself.

However, their performance was less than a week away, so it was something that had to be done.

But let him tell you, the second Shouyou opened the door and smelt the familiar scent of dust and sweat of the old gym, he vowed that that's the greatest scent in the world, hands down.

"Ah, no place like home~"

He twirled around a bit after dropping his bag and jacket onto the floor before plopping into one of the ariel hoops and spinning around.

"So nice~" His voice was made of pure relaxation and relief. As he spun around, he scrolled through his phone in search of the perfect song to befit his current mood: chill.