Shattered

"So, what's the worst thing you've done in your life?" She asks me as we continue eating dinner. I look at Violet and chuckle. She's the delinquent here.

"I'm not sure..." I say honestly.

"Come on, you must have done something." I daughter and nod, thinking back to Eva, she's the worst thing I've done. Going back to her so many times.

"I think the worst thing I have done, is going back to my ex time after time." She looks at me curiously.

"Why did you guys break up so many times?" I look into her eyes. I really shouldn't tell her.

"Well...she keeps getting sent back to jail, for uhm, domestic abuse." I say rather vaguely.

"So she use to hurt you? I'm sorry if I'm stepping over the line but she doesn't deserve you. No person should ever hurt another like that." I can see how riled up she's becoming. Obviously she's had her own experience of mistreatment.

"What about you? What's the worst thing you've done?" She purses her lips as she thinks.

"I've done a lot of bad things. The worst was probably setting the house on fire. no one was home though." She says in honesty.

"What possessed you to do that?" She shrugs. I know there was a reason for doing it but she's not ready to tell me.

"So, where's this ex of yours now?" Violet asks, changing the subject back to me.

"She's actually getting released today. One of her bail conditions is that she can't go near me, and because of our track record, they won't tell me where she is because they know I'll go to find her." Violet just listens and nods.

"I mean, I am all for having your own say in who you date, but this woman sounds like nothing but trouble." She says in honesty. I chuckle softly.

"Isn't that what you are?" She cracks a small grin.

"I'm trouble yes, but I'd never lay a finger on you other than in affection." I look at her stunned.

"I guess I should get going. It's late and if I'm not back by curfew I get locked out for the night." I look at her confused.

"What sort of parents enforce that rule?" I ask rhetorically.

"They aren't my parents. They're foster parents. They have strict rules, they are like the correctional foster parents." She rolls her eyes as she says this.

"I'll drive you if you'd like?" She smiles and nods.

"I would like that." She replies.

I get up with her and grab my car keys, leading her to the car park. She slides into the front passenger side as I get into the drivers side.

"Sleep well." I say as I stop the car in front of the house she tells me to.

"You too." She leans in and presses her lips softly to my cheek, making me smile.

I watch as she gets out and walks up to the house, a lady opens the door and let's her in, closing the door behind her.

With a sigh, I drive off. I don't understand what's going on. I'm still in love with Eva, and I am starting to develop feelings for Violet. Both are so wrong in their own way.

I get up to my apartment, the door is slightly ajar. Walking in cautiously, I look around, there's no sign of anyone. Walking to my room, is when I see her. Eva.

God help me, she's so beautiful. And I've missed her so much. She's looking out the window, she doesn't know I'm behind her.

"Eva..." I trail off.

She turns around and looks at me, the piercing blue eyes that I love so much.

"Gemma." She says in a breathless manor.

She walks to me, as I walk to her. Instantly out lips are crashing together and her hands are in my hair as I lift her off her feet, placing her down on my bed. Her legs are still wrapped around me as I kiss down her neck and her hands grip at my hair.

"I've missed you." She whispers in a gasp.

"I've missed you too." I murmur against her skin.