Shattered

Waking up in the morning, I have mixed emotions and unwanted thought.

I numbly put on my uniform. Aaron is in the living room waiting for me to get ready. When I finally exit my room, he gives me the all too familiar sorry look.

"I swear to god Aaron I'll put a bullet in your shoulder if you don't stop staring at me like that." He looks at me shocked and averts his eyes.

"No seriously though, I'm fine." He just purses his lips.

"What?" I ask in annoyance.

"It's just, you say that every time this happens and yet, it's always the same. You work like a workaholic and then when you're forced onto leave, you party and have one night stand after one night stand." I roll my eyes.

"This time is different." He stands up and walks closer to me.

"How is it different?" He asks.

"Because when you left the room. I told her that it was over. And I meant it. She knew it too." Aaron looks at me surprised.

"What made you finally come to your senses?" He asks.

"Violet... I know it's wrong and I feel like a sick person for even liking her, I feel like I'm abusing my power as a police officer." Aaron just gives a soft smile.

"Violet is a good girl with an unfortunate past. A person like you, coming into her life will help her." I bite my lip.

"I feel like the tables have turned and I'm like Eva in this situation." Aaron clasps my shoulders softly.

"You are nothing like Eva. Eva is abusive and manipulative. You are not." I nod my head, I want to believe him.

"Come on, let's go." I nod my head and walk down to the parking lot.

"So, Tyler is throwing a party at my apartment, did you want to come? I know Violet will be there." I roll my eyes with a soft blush on my cheeks.

Speaking of Violet, as he asks me the question, my phone buzzes.

'Good morning lovely, are you coming to the party tonight?' - V

I smile like a teenage girl who just got asked to formal (prom) by her crush.

I move my phone away from Aaron as he tries to lean over and read the message I had received from her.

'Aaron just asked me about it. Yeah, I'll be going. And good morning to you too'

I send the message and put my phone away. Now giving Aaron all my attention.

"Sure, I'll come." I say simply. He grins and sits down at his desk.

"This is great. When I drop you off today, I'll stay and wait for you to change clothes." I nod my head as I concentrate on doing the filing of paper in front of me.

"Aaron, from now on, use spell check." He pouts and pokes his tongue at me.

"My reports aren't that bad."

I give him a flat stare and show him how many words and grammar mistakes I have to correct on his report.

While he sulks at his desk, I feel my phone buzz again. Looking at it, I see a text notification from Violet. I smile and open it.

'Great, I can't wait to see you there. Hopefully you'll like what I'll be wearing. ;)' -V

I can't help but let my imagination run wild at her message. Especially the wonky face indicating some sort of flirting or cheekiness going on.

Maybe she'll be wearing something that'll make it hard for me to control myself. Lord knows I already have enough trouble trying.