Shattered

I wake up to the sound of the shower. Opening my eyes, I stretch and yawn, rubbing my eyes groggily. Looking to my side, I see Violet isn't there anymore.

Sighing, I stand up and strip out of my pyjamas, getting back into my police uniform. As I'm putting on my top, Violet walks out of the bathroom, back into my room with a towel wrapped around herself.

"Hey..." I trail off as I take her in.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind I had a shower. Your roommate said I could use it." I smile at her blushing and nod my head.

"You can grab some of my clothes from the draws if you like." She nods her head and walks to my drawers.

"I'll see you in the kitchen." I say as I grab my best of tools for the job, including my gun holster.

"Who's the girl?" Braydon asks as soon as I'm in the kitchen.

"She's a friend of Justin's. She got into a bit of trouble last night so I let her crash here." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"How old is she?" Brandon probes me for information.

"She's sixteen." I mutter.

"And you two slept in the same bed." I sigh and roll my eyes at him.

It's not long until the lovely young woman herself struts her way out of my room with a towel in hand as she attempts to dry her gorgeous raven black hair.

"I'll drive you to school." I say grabbing my bag and leading her to the front door.

On the way to her school I stop to buy her some breakfast and get some lunch money for her.

"I don't need your money." She says confidently.

"You don't have any food." I remind her.

"I'm fine, I don't eat during the day usually anyway." I shake my head at her.

"That's not good for you." She just smiles and shrugs.

"I do a lot of things that aren't good for me." I try to suppress my amused smile.

I guess I should have seen that coming. She is a delinquent after all.

"I'll see you later." I say as she goes to hop out. She turns around and puts a piece of torn, folded paper in my hands, a smirk on her lips as she leaves.

I open the paper to see numbers scribbled on it. I guess that's her number as promised. I shake my head and chuckle softly before driving off to the station.

"Morning, how is Violet?" Aaron asks as I walk into the office.

"She's good, back to her normal self." Aaron smiles and nods his head.

"So, you know she's getting out today." I sigh and nod my head.

"You don't have to keep reminding me." I mumble and sit down at my desk.

"Yes I do, because if she breaks her parole conditions and sees you, you need to be ready for it." I sigh and put my head on my desk.

"I love you Aaron, but you need to stay out of this. There is more to our story than people know." I groan.

"I know enough of that story to know she is no good for you." I sigh and drop the subject. I don't want to get into a fight.

Come arrest me for something, I'm bored - V

I laugh and shake my head at violets text. She'd rather be in lock up than in school.

What have you don't for me to arrest you?

It takes a while before she answers, obviously trying to hide her phone from her teacher.

I've been a naughty girl ;) - V

I shake my head and bite my lips. This girl, is going to be the end of me. She's definitely something else. The only thing is, she is just a girl. She's only sixteen and I'm twenty-eight. That's twelve years difference. I would have less of a problem with this if she was over eighteen but she's not.

That doesn't tell me what you've done. Seems like you just have to suck it up honey :P

I chuckle and turn back to the files that are piling up on my desk. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I get all work done within its time frame, but as the senior partner, all the work Aaron does, I have to review as well as doing my own.

"So, Justin and I are going out for our special date night. I think he's expecting us to have sex but I don't know if I'm ready for that." I look at Aaron surprised at his blunt statement.

You see, Aaron has not long been out as gay. He came out as gay because he started dating Justin and didn't want to keep Justin a secret.

"Tell him that if he tried to take it the next step. I think it's very much a in the moment decision." I say honestly.

I can see Aaron visibly relax and give an unsure smile. I smile back and get back to desk work.

By the end of the day I was exhausted and I didn't want to do much more than sleep the afternoon away. My sister and Braydon have gone shopping for the wedding so I'll have the house to myself.

Stripping my clothes, I get into my shortest pair of pyjama shorts and my white tank top, grabbing a cold beer from the fridge I sit on the couch and put on The Mentalist.

My beautiful relaxation time is interrupted by the door bell. Walking to the door I open it to see violet standing there with a bad of hot Chinese food. I smile and lean against the door.

"I thought maybe you'd like some dinner?" I smile and let her in.

"What made you think about doing this?" I ask as I grab plates out.

"This is like my way of thanking you for last night...plus it gives me an excuse to see you again." she says with a sheepish smile.

"You don't have to thank me and you don't have to have an excuse to see me." She shrugs and puts the food on my lounge room table.

"Let's eat shall we?" I ask with a smile.