Shattered

I wake up with violet in my arms. Her small body perfectly fitted into mine. Our legs are tangled together with the sheets. I smile down at her sleeping figure, I kiss her forehead and stroke her hair.

She stirs in my arms. I smile as she looks up at me with a still tired look in her eyes.

"Good morning gorgeous." I say softly before planting my lips softly to hers.

She smiles and snuggles further into my embrace, I hold her tonne, letting her lay there in my arms for a little while longer.

"We should get up now." I say as I trace random patterns on her skin with my finger tips.

"I know, but I don't want to." She whispers.

"I have work today." I sigh.

"I don't suppose you'd consider having the day off and spending it with me." She says as she sits up and straddles me.

I take hold of her bare arse and bring her lips down to mine. She smiles with victory as she knows she's got me right where she wants me.

"Come on, take the day off." I sigh. She's going to be the end of me.

"Okay, but I have to call in so give me a minute." I say taking my lips back from her skin. She smiles and stays straddling me.

As I call, she starts to roll her hips against mine. I let out a strangled moan before the person picks up.

"Hey, lieu...I need to take the d-day off." I say in a strangled voice.

"Yeah you don't sound too good." Lieu says.

"Thanks lieu." I say before hanging up.

Violet erupts into giggles as she says the flustered look on my face. I give a small smile and take hold of her hips, rolling us over so she's under me.

Her arms wrap around my neck as she smiles up at me. A smile that I know is genuine. One I wish to see on her every day, instead of her facade.

"What would you like to do today?" I ask her as we sit having breakfast. She muses, pursing her lips as she does. I smile at how cute she looks.

"Lets go to a movie? Or we could go to the mall? Or the beach?" She suggests with so much excitement in her eyes I can't help but lean over the counter and kiss her.

"We can go to the beach and then we can watch a movie tonight? Sounds good?" I ask. She smiles and nods her pretty little head.

"Go have a shower while I wash up." I say. She walks to me as I put my plate in the sink. She puts hers in the sink, smirks at me as she taps my arse while walking away. I jump slightly and laugh shaking my head.

She goes for her shower while I wash up. Once I'm done, I walk toward my bathroom, I can hear it still running. I take it as the perfect opportunity to strip and join her in the shower. I'm completely quiet about it until I have my hands on her hips and I start to kiss her neck. She hums in satisfaction and reaches around to tangle her hand in my hair.

I place my hand flat on her stomach, pulling her closer to me.

"I could get use to this." Violet hums. I smile against her skin.

I could get use to this too, having her in my arms, waking up with her next to me, having showers with her.

I'm really falling for her which is the scariest part of all. We get out and get changed, me, giving her some swimwear to borrow. And god did she look hot in my bikini.

"You ready?" I ask her.

She smiles and takes my hand and lets me lead her out to my car. I open the car door for her, she kisses my cheek in thanks and slides in. Shutting her door I move to the drivers side and slide in, buckling up I start the car.

"Music?" I ask her. She smiles and nods.

She plugs her phone in and puts in a playlist on. The song poison oak bright eyes starts to come on and she sings softly to it.

The song is quite sad but beautiful. Suits her personality. One thing that scares me about her is that I know, I've known since I met her, she is a lost soul. A person who kind of just floats through life, no worries about consequences and never in one place too long. I don't want to change her, I love that about her but I'm not that. I need my roots. I need my sense of familiarity. I also don't want to lose her but I know there will come a time that she wants more, more of everything, anything and nothing all at once. And I won't be able to give that to her. I sigh and push that out of my head, enjoying the moment I do have with her.

We get to the beach, I park the car and we both slide out of the car, getting our stuff from the back of the car and walking along the beach to find a place that is perfect for us.