Shattered

I sigh as Jason sends me the name and a photo of the new teacher creeping on his sister. I know the face, the name doesn't fit the face. He's using a fake identity and is a registered sex offender.

I walk into my boss' office and show him what I found out. To which he tells me to get Aaron and get our arses to that school.

"Aaron, we're giving your boyfriends school a visit." Aaron looks at me confused.

"Why?" I show him what I have in my hand.

"Arrest warrant for the teacher Jason complained about. He's a registered sex offender." I state.

I watch as Aaron's face sets to a hard glare, he stands up and without a word, leads the way to our patrol car. He puts the siren on and speeds his way to the school. Usually when he's pissed I don't let him drive but I know there no arguing with this one, especially since I am just as pissed at the dick head.

Walking through the corridors, it makes me anxious, reminds me of my school days. Which is something I don't need to be reminded of. We walk into the so called 'Mr Jackson's' class and shut the door behind us.

His face pales considerably because he knows exactly what's about to happen. Aaron brings out the hand cuffs and cuffs 'Mr Jackson' as the principal explains some things to the students.

Looking at the students I see Jason, he smiles and gives a short nod as he holds his sisters hand. I smile and walk up to him.

"I told you I'd take a look. No one tries to hurt my family and get away with it." Jason smiles and hugs me, so does his sister.

Before I leave, my eyes lock with Violet's. I smirk at her as I catch her checking me out. All she does in return is lick her lips and wink. Chuckling, I walk away.

I know she said the next time we saw each other she'd give me her number but we both know this isn't the time or place. I guess it's until next time.

I can't help but remember when Eva said that 'until next time' I sigh and shake my head as the flash back starts.

***

Her body slams against the wall as my mouth ravishes her neck, my hands pinning hers above her head as she gasps. My teeth nipping slightly at the skin above her breasts and on her collar bone.

"Jemma." She pants sexily.

"Eva.." I moan softly as she presses her knee against my already wet core.

"Fuck me." Her plea makes me weak.

Lifting her up, I push her back onto my bed, her legs wrapping around me like they always do. Before I can explore her any further, Braydon walks in.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Braydon asks. I groan and roll my eyes.

"Fuck off!" I growl.

"No! You know she's no good for you! You know she'll fuck you up again! You should be arresting her, not fucking her!" I turn to Braydon with a fierce look in my eyes.

"This has nothing to do with you!" I boom.

"Yeah, but it has everything to do with me." I gulp as Aaron shows himself.

"You can't take her from me. I just got her back." I cry.

"You never had her to begin with! She plays with people to get what she wants." Aaron argues back.

Aaron cuffs her, before she is dragged away, she places her lips against min, letting them linger. When our lips break she gives a sad smile.

"I guess we have to wait until next time."

****

"Hey are you listening to me?" I come out of my flashback.

"Obviously not you dick head." I bark at Aaron.

I'm at home on my lounge and Aaron hasn't left yet. Our shift is over, but he won't leave my side.

"I was saying that Eva is supposed to be released in a week. I want to make sure you're not going to try and get to her again." I roll my eyes at him but can't help the raising of my heart at the thought of her.

"Why should I leave her alone? She's done her time, so why can't we be together?" I ask defensively.

"She's poison! She's beaten you black and blue, she's stolen from you, she's played you! She fucking tried to kill you but every time you see her you take her back and the cycle continues. For fuck sake, you guys met when you were eighteen! She's been in and out of jail since because of domestic violence against you and you take her back every time she gets out! No more! I mean it. I've made sure part of her bail conditions is that she can't go near you." I look at him with anger.

"You have no fucking right! We're adults!" I yell as I stand up.

"I love you Jemma, you're the only family I have. So for fuck sake, please just do as I ask. You deserve better than her." His voice softens and so does his features.

I sigh and accept his embrace and let my head rest on his shoulder. I'm tired of fighting, and I know that at the end of the day he does love me and I know that if I did see her I would cave. When it comes to her I have no strength.

"Thank you Aaron." He sighs and rubs my back softly.

"Fuck off! I said no! What don't you understand about the word no!" I look at Aaron curiously.

Both him and I walk to the window where the noise had come from. Seeing a young girl being harassed by a man.

I rush down the fire escape, my uniform still on and in hand. When I look at the girl, I see it's Violet. This only makes my boos boil more. What is she doing out so late.

"Sir, move away from her!" I yell getting the guys attention as I hold my gun to him.

He looks at me and his face pales as he sees that in a police officer. He puts his hands up, that's when I see a knife in one of his hands.

"Put the knife on the ground and kick it toward me." He does as I say. Aaron is beside me and takes the knife.

"Now, get to the floor, on your stomach with your hands on your head." once he does what I say, I cuff him.

Aaron takes him and tells me to take a shaken up Violet into my apartment, I lead her up the fire escape, since the front door would be closed and I don't have my keys on my.

I sit he down on the couch, grabbing a blanket for her and wrapping it around her since she's shivering violently. I pass her a drink of water and sit next to her.

"You're safe now." I whisper as I stroke her hair.

She presses herself against my side, her head on my chest. I sigh and wrap my arm around her, leaning my back against the couch, comforting her as she falls asleep.

Having the girl in my embrace as she sleeps is amazing. Her face so soft and calm. It's like she looks like a normal every day teen.

But when those eyes look at me, it feels like I'm looking at a woman who is beyond everything else. She's seen things beyond her years and most likely beyond my own years.

I want her to know that it's okay. That I'm here for her. That she doesn't have to act out to find attention because she's got my attention and I understand. But for now, she can sleep.

Picking her up as carefully as I can, I walk her into my room, placing her down on my bed and tucking her in.

Her hand gripping at my top as she sleeps, I slowly pry her hand away and get changed into my pyjamas, slipping into bed next to her. I know she may freak out in the morning but I'll take my chances. It just doesn't feel right to let go of her when she was so shaken up only moments ago.

I wrap my arms around her again and let her head rest against my chest and her arms clench my top. Her face is a little contorted, like she's having a nightmare.

Her eyebrows are furrowed and she has a small frown on her beautiful lips. A small whimper escape between her lips. It breaks my heart. I kiss her forehead sweetly.

"It's okay. You're safe." I murmur and smile as she seems to relax from my voice.