Chapter 1: The Stranger

It was early in the morning; birdsongs filled the morn as the sun shone its light through transparent windows. Outside those windows were the trees that surrounded the Arcana Famiglia grounds. The cobblestones were dry from the sun, for it hasn't been raining recently. Birds flew about, looking for their meal. The wind pushed against the trees, making their leaves rustle.

Footsteps echoed in the empty halls of the mansion. Her sighs slipped out of her mouth as she walked towards her father's office. Her long hair swayed to her movements. Her eyes were both filled with sadness and excitement. Ever since a certain someone had left their lives, they have been eagerly waiting for her return.

Her eyes darted from one corner to another, taking a glance at the paintings hanging by the corridor walls. She notices the newly picked flowers in beautiful vases as she passed by them.

The redheaded girl wore her same uniform, never had any changes for the past two years. She was already content with how she wore it. Her long hair was tied into pigtails with black ribbons. Her body build was slim and petite build. She considered tall, having a five foot and four inch height. The girl also had long legs. She wears a black suit jacket with a white high-collared shirt, black skirt & a black tie with a little corset on her stomach. On her left arm, she wears a buttoned white glove. She also wears above thigh-high black stockings with a white thick belt on her left thigh, which is to hold her knives for fighting and black lace-up heeled boots.

Soon the latter reached a door at the end of the corridor. She reaches out her hand and opens the door, immediately seeing her father at his desk with his wife beside him. Her father was a tall man with short, red, laid back hair that reached to his shoulders. He also has a beard. He wears a white coat and pair of pants. Underneath it was a gray shirt with a black tie. He is known as the "Papa" being the head of the famiglia.

His wife was a beautiful and tall woman who has long, silky straight black hair, with neat bangs, reaching just above her eyes, and is decorated with a white flower paired with a red ribbon and yellow lace tied to the upper left side of her head. She is seen donning a white kimono (inner fabric colored black) that hangs off her shoulders and reveals a portion of her cleavage, along with a large patterned black belt and black lace-up boots. Her eyes are a grayish-violet and she wears visible makeup. Her nails are very long, painted a dark red, almost black; and wears a red ribbon choker around her neck.

The girl walks towards her beloved father, who smiled at the sight of her. "Ah, Felicita, good morning." He greets followed by her mother's warm kiss and embrace.

"Good morning, dear." Says her beautiful mother who smiled affectionately at her daughter.

Felicita smiles, "Good morning, Papa. Mama." She replies.

"I assume you're here to see if Angelica had sent a letter?" Asks Mondo.

His daughter nods, keeping a stoic face on, though her eagerness shown through her eyes.

He sighs, "Well. She is doing good." The man confesses, shocking Felicita. "She successfully found contractors for two Taroccos, Il Diavollo (The Devil), the fifteenth card, and Il Carro (The Chariot), the seventh card. But earlier on, during her travels, she was forced to make a contract with La Giustizia (Justice), the eleventh card." He adds.

Her eyes widened, "What? How was she-"

"La Giustizia was one of the four Arcana Taroccos who wanted to make a contract with her." Explains Papa, putting his hands together. "I think she accepted in desperation when I had been feeling pain for quite some time."

"But I remember you telling us that three wanted to have her as their contractor!"

"Yes, I did." Agreed her father. "But before she left, I gave her the authority over the eight remaining cards. La Giustizia immediately wanted her to be her contractor, but Angelica rejected the offer. The other two cards also wanted."