24. warning sign

Urging Clemency to go climb up already, Nancy and Steve looked at her, confused

Urging Clemency to go climb up already, Nancy and Steve looked at her, confused. Steve spun her round, he and Nancy's eyes widened at the sight of Clemency, with her eyes all white and rolled back, in a state of trance, they panicked, as the group on the other side looked at them, confused. "Hey... what's going on?" Eddie stammers, as he looked at Clemency. "Vecna." Max says, as Eddie looked over to her with widened eyes, and shook his head in disbelief. "What's her favorite song!" Max quickly asked Eddie as he looked back at the younger girl, but Nancy called out, getting their attention, as they all looked at her. "She likes Queen, I think." Nancy says, unsure, as they all quickly looked at him, and he immediately took them to where his cassette tapes were.

As they proceeded to quickly look for anything, Steve desperately yelled for them to hurry up. "Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica says, as they all panicked more. "Yeah? No shit!" Dustin yelled back, as Max looked back at the girl, and exclaimed, "We're trying. We can't find anything."

"Seriously, what is all this shit?" Robin says, looking at Eddie. "This is music!" He yelled back, and sighed heavily, "And she listens to these... but I don't know if she actually likes it or not..." He quietly and honestly says, as they all looked at him in disbelief.

‧₊˚

"Eddie! Nancy! Guys?" Clemency called out as she ran across the bloody halls, as the lights flickered above her, not caring at all, knowing that Vecna most likely knew where she is, then she suddenly reached a door barricaded with wood, and tried unblocking it with all her might, and suddenly heard Vecna's demonic voice called for her name, as she slowly looked at him.

She knew that even if she could remove that barricade, she would still be in this world, in Vecna's mind, so she kept her eyes closed, tried thinking of happy thoughts, if it was hard, given everything she had witnessed through him, but she still tried.

"I have shown you where I've been,.. I would like to very much show you where I am going." He says, as Clemency just kept her eyes closed, not moving an inch, until Vecna finally reached her. "Open your eyes, Clemency." She sighed, and as soon as she opened her eyes, she's tied with vines on her wrists and ankles, while Vecna's already so close in front of her face, causing her to start hyperventilating. "I want you to tell Eleven. I want you to tell her everything you see." He says, as he put his unnaturally large clawed hands in front of Clemency's face, startling her as he showed her everything. The town breaking apart from all the gates Vecna had created, Hawkins falling in front of her eyes, her family dying, as she looked in fear, and heard a grandfather clock, loud and clear, as her breathing got shallower and shallower. "Tell her... Tell her everything." It was the last thing he said, and suddenly let her go, as she collapses, Steve catching her in his arms, and Nancy approaching her sister, who's looking back at her in horror, breaking into a cold sweat.

Finally having a bit of breather, as the group stayed at Max's trailer, Clemency told them what she had seen, and Steve reassuring her that Vecna's just scaring her, but she will follow her guts as she just knew she should. It was not just something to scare her, she thought. It's something that will happen anytime soon.