5. friends will be friends

"All right, that's enough

"All right, that's enough." Mike impatiently says, as Karen grabbed the fallen polaroid she took of his son, as Clemency chuckled at the two.

"One more, okay? Just one more." Karen says as she raises her camera to take another photo of his son, as he whined. "Why?"

"Because it's not all the time that you will look this good, Mike." Clemency mocked as Mike glared at her. "Clemency?" Karen scolded, as Clemency went back up stares, and bumped into Nancy on her way.

"Clemency, are you sure you're not going with us?" She asked as Clemency shocked her head. "No, I'm hanging out with a friend of mine."

Nancy confusedly looked at her sister as she ran up stairs. Clemency quickly puts on a black hoodie and grabs her bag, and leaves the house to hurriedly bike to Bradley's Big Buy. She could have come with the rest as they went on their way to the Snow Ball, but she is meeting up with Eddie, therefore it was not a great choice.

She waited as they finally left when she went on her way, making sure they wouldn't drive past her, as she pedaled her way to the store. As she reached her destination, she halted as she got off of her bike, and walked side by side with it. Leaning the bike in the wall next to her, as she put up her hoodie, and she herself leaned by the wall, waiting for Eddie.

Looking up as she heard the familiar sounding car engine, as Eddie drove crazy on his way, and took a halt in front of the store. Clemency pursed her lips, as she took her bike with her. Eddie quickly got off the van, and went to the back, helping Clemency put her bike in it.

"So, how was your night?" Eddie teasingly asked, making Clemency sigh and roll her eyes, and proceeded to make her way beside the driver's seat, as Eddie took the wheel. "I still don't understand why you're hanging out with me instead of assisting in the middle school dance like your sister?"

Clemency raised an eyebrow at him, as he looked at her through his peripheral vision, furrowing his eyebrows as he focused on the road. "You really need to ask that? Really?" She says, as she looked outside the road, making Eddie scoff.

"I'm just gonna get bored there, besides, it's not bad to take a break away from children from time to time..." Eddie chuckled at this, confusing Clemency. "It's just... you sounded like a parent..." He says as she purses her lips, shaking her head in response.

"And a bad parent at that..." She admitted as they both chuckled, Eddie nodding in agreement. "Okay, but for real, is it really that bad... I mean the school dance of middle schoolers? You know... for hanging out with me to be much better?" Clemency confusedly looked at the guy, as he continued. "You know... because it's just me... just Eddie Munson." He chuckled out with an awkward smile, still keeping his eyes on the road, as they got closer to the trailer park, Clemency frowning as she looked at Eddie.

It's her first time seeing Eddie like this, Clemency used to just give quick glances at Eddie in school, which obviously is not giving away much about the guy's whole personality, seeing him in just one class they have together, his seemingly intimidating demeanor and appearance. But right now, he seems to be filled with self-doubt. It made her sad somehow, finally analyzing this guy, with all her own worries aside.