20. house of cards

Stopping the car in front of the Creel house, the group went out and looked over the ominous looking house, with its windows and door covered up with wood

Stopping the car in front of the Creel house, the group went out and looked over the ominous looking house, with its windows and door covered up with wood. "Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve commented, as they all walked over to the abandoned house's front door.

Steve and Nancy started removing the nails holding up the wood covering the front door with their hammers as Clemency fidgeted and looked worriedly. "Are we sure we're actually going inside?" She said as the group looked over to her.

"You're getting the gut-wrenching feeling again?" Nancy asked her sister, as she shook her head in response. "No... it's just the fact that there's a lot of things running in my mind on what could be inside, you know..." She stammers, as Steve furrowed his eyes at her then switched his attention to Nancy. "Wait- What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" He asked her, as he proceeded to remove some nails.

"We're not exactly sure. We just know this house is important to Vecna." Nancy explained, looking at Steve. "Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve asked, as Clemency looked in grimace at the imagery of what he calls what Max saw. "Exactly." Clemency says, as Nancy agreed. "Great." Steve says sarcastically, as he removed more nails.

"Maybe it holds some clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max." Dustin informed him. "We... don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas stutters, as he looks at the others, as Clemency sighed out. "Well... that's what I am most worried about." She says pursing her lips, as he gave her a concerned look, as Max looked over to her. "Guess we'll find out." She says, as Steve and Nancy drop the wood covering the door.

"Is that what you saw? That rose?" Clemency asked Max, as she looked at her and nodded, while Steve tried unlocking the door, but won't open. "Should I knock and see if anybody's home?" Steve sarcastically says, as the group disappointingly looked at the door. "No need." Robin says, as they all looked at her, and showed them the brick she has in hand. "I found a key." She says, as Clemency raised an eyebrow at her.

"I don't think that's a good idea-" Clemency argued, and got interrupted as Robin went closer to the door and threw the brick at the glass window, startling Clemency. Looking in, Steve put his hands in the hole the brick made in the glass as he grabbed the door knob inside, opening it for them, while the door screeching gave Clemency goosebumps.

Clemency, Robin and Nancy peeked inside the room where the fireplace is, pointing their flashlights inside to see better in that dark, messed up place. "They just left everything..." Nancy says as she sees the room, still filled with dust-filled furniture. "It's actually... kind of sad." Clemency says, the two watched her as she walked further inside and had a look around.

"I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value..." Robin thought, making the two look over to her, and Clemency pursing her lips in response, when suddenly, the three's attention was caught as Max called everyone over, making them approach her.