12. came to a crescendo

It's Halloween week, and there are a lot of Halloween decorations around each house, even before the actual day of trick-or-treating

As Clemency got out of the car with Nancy, she walked the opposite direction from her, because Eddie told her to meet him by the parking lot. Looking around, and trying to find Eddie's van, when she heard a quiet voice call her, then she finally found Eddie peeking over to her, as he hid in his van.

Clemency hurriedly approached him, as she crossed her arms, looking at him while raising an eyebrow. "Why did you want to meet up here? We have a second period together." Clemency says, as the guy crossed his arms as well, and squinted his eyes at her. "But you still agreed to meet me, because you wanna see this face, early in the morning..." Eddie teased, nodding his head, as he pointed towards his face, making Clemency roll her eyes in response.

"Okay, but I wanted you to meet me, because I wanted to hang out later." He says, as Clemency looked, confused. "And you could have just told me that on the phone earlier, you know that? It seems like, you're the one who wanted to see me..." She teased back, as Eddie gave the shorter girl a deadpanned look.

"So, what are we gonna do later? Trick-or-treating?" She scoffs as Eddie dramatically pinches the bridge of his nose in response. "No, we're going to the movie rental later, and find some new movies to watch... only if you're not busy, of course." Eddie informed, as Clemency tried to recall if she had things to do for later, but then remembered the exam they have on the subject she has with Eddie, which is scheduled the next day.

"Wait- we have an exam tomorrow!" She exclaimed, and pursed her lips in disappointment. "So? It's tomorrow morning, not later tonight." He says, as Clemency glared at him, and blinked in frustration. "Yeah? Which means I have to study... wait, didn't you say you wanted to graduate already... which you also said it's in '85, but you're still here for the school year '85 to '86...." She informed, making Eddie sigh.

"So, you're suggesting...?" Eddie disappointingly says, as walked closer to the guy. "I'm tutoring you starting today... but of course, only if you want to."

"But we're still hanging out later?" He playfully asked, while Clemency was giving him a stern look. "Studying. We are studying. But yeah, I am coming over, if you count that as hanging out, then yeah, we're hanging out." She says, as Eddie sighed.

"Wait, but can we go by Family Video later? You know, if we finished studying, maybe we could watch a movie after?" He says, as Clemency pursed her lips, and nodded her head in response, making Eddie softly smile, reaching his hands on top of the shorter girl's head, patting it, making her grimace at him, as she hurriedly went to her class.

‧₊˚

It's Amanda's first day in Hawkins High, and luckily she is in the same class as Clemency in her first period, making the two exclaim as soon they see each other, as the other students, giving them a judging look, as they looked back at them, covering their mouths, in embarrassment.