18. running out of time

The three ran their way to the school, and hurried their way to find the others, as Dustin suddenly informed them on a code red

"What's wrong Max?" Clemency worriedly asked the agitated girl, as they reached the group, facing a blank wall. "I had a vision... it was here, right here... I saw a grandfather clock..." She informed, making the group furrow their eyebrows in response.

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy made sure, as the girl nodded in response, as she looked back at the walk, worrying Clemency even more. "It was so real..." The girl says, as a tear fell from her eye. "And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up." Max added.

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what you and Eddie said about what happened with Chrissy." Dustin says, looking over to Clemency, as she sighed heavily. Max looked over to the group, as they all put their attention to her, with her increasingly worried expression facing them. "That's not even the bad part..." She says, as she hurried back to Ms. Kelley's office, and the rest followed as they looked at the girl, with concern.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their past..." Max worriedly explained, as she looked at the rest of the group, but as her eyes fell on Clemency, the girl immediately knew where this was going, and the implications scared her.

"These visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." Max stammers, as she looks at the group. "Vecna's curse..." Robin thought.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago.. Fred, six days ago... I've been having them for five days... I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision." Max says, as her tears started to well up and her voice trembled more, feeling her throat closing up, as the rest comprehend the information they are receiving,anxiously.

"...And I just saw that goddamn clock, so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow..." Max says as her breath hitches. The thought, and the information was not fully sinking into Clemency's mind at the moment, as she is in denial at the possibility of someone she herself knew personally, would suffer the same fate as gruesome as she had witnessed that fateful night at Eddie's trailer, well, not yet at least.

The group is suddenly startled by a commotion coming from outside, as they all turned their head to look towards the door with fear in their eyes. Steve quickly grabbed a tall lamp, as he directed the rest to stay in the office, as he left the room to see who or what caused the clanking noise.

The rest slowly followed way behind him, as he cautiously approached and looked ahead of him, and they all grew anxious as the sounds started getting louder, and louder, as it seemingly approaches, as Steve readied the lamp, waiting for whatever it is that is, assumingly, about to attack them.