13. somebody to love

It's the last day of school before Spring break, and also Clemency's birthday

It's the last day of school before Spring break, and also Clemency's birthday. She woke up as soon as she felt the ray of sunlight hit her face, carefully got out of bed, and walked out of her room.

"Good morning, birthday girl." Karen says as Clemency walks down the stairs. She approached her mom and hugged her tightly. "Thanks mom... also, I have a favor.." She quietly says, making Karen tilt her head and furrow her eyebrows. "Anything, sweetie."

"Can I spend the night at my friend's house?" She softly says as Karen nodded in response. "Of course." Her mom says while nodding, making Clemency smile softly, and went to have breakfast.

After having breakfast, and already changed into her clothes she is wearing to school, she stares in the mirror and smiles to herself, when suddenly she's startled by Nancy, barging into Mike's room, just next to hers. "The hell are you doing? It's ten after." Nancy says, making Clemency get out of her own room, immediately, and go down stairs, and she heard a panicked Mike say, "Oh, shit. Shit!"

"You have thirty seconds, or we're leaving without you, okay? Thirty seconds!" Nancy yelled, and she stomped down the stairs, with an irritated looking face, as she went out of the house, meeting Clemency there.

"That kid, really..." Nancy mumbled to herself. "Yeah, tell me about it." Clemency sighed looking at her sister. The two waited for him for over thirty minutes, making Nancy come back inside the house. "Mike! Let's go." She heard Nancy exclaim, making her chuckle. The door barged open, and she saw the two, with their irritated expressions, she chuckled as they walked past her, and she followed after them.

‧₊˚

Saying goodbye to Nancy and Mike, she walked off as Mike looked at her in confusion, as he is heading to the gym for the pep rally, but she is on her way at the back of the school.

"Clem, where are you going?" I'll meet you guys over there later." She says running away, as Mike just shrugged it off and headed to the gym.

Looking around, Clemency eventually saw Eddie with his back leaned on the wall, with his hands on his back. "Hey." He says, grinning at the girl as she approaches.

"So, what did your mom say?" He asked as he tilted her head, looking down at the girl. "She's fine with it." She softly responded, as Eddie reached out his hand, patting the girl's head. "That settles it."

As Clemency's about to head back, he called back to her, making her head turn back to him in confusion. "Catch." He says, throwing a small black box to her, and she easily catches it, and stares at it. "That's your gift..." He says, as the girl opens it and she sees a small ribcage necklace inside, making her smile softly.

"You seemed very fascinated over my rings, especially those with skulls... and you like small necklaces and not much into rings on yourself, so..." Eddie quietly, as he looked away from the girl.