21. i'll never walk holland road again

Waking up earlier than the others, Nancy looked around and saw Clemency, already awake as she was drinking coffee, holding onto her necklace and caressing it with her thumb, shaking her legs in distress, and in deep thought

Waking up earlier than the others, Nancy looked around and saw Clemency, already awake as she was drinking coffee, holding onto her necklace and caressing it with her thumb, shaking her legs in distress, and in deep thought. She walked over to her, and lightly pats her shoulder, the girl hummed in response, still staring blankly. "Did you sleep?" Nancy quietly asked her sister, who only shook her head in response.

"You're worried about Eddie, huh?" She asked, Clemency slightly nodded. "We're just gonna tell him... we only have one more step to ending Vecna... okay?" Nancy says, but really, it was not something she was worried about, but it was the feeling she felt on their way home last night as soon as they left the Creel house.

That sense of dread she could not seem to shake off, but lied to herself, saying it was just the eeriness of the house and the fact that Vecna was definitely on the other side, but really, it was her gut telling her something is absolutely, terribly wrong.

She could not stop thinking about it, that is why she did not sleep. It was hard to sleep with the unbearable heavy feeling of concern she was feeling, but whatever it was about, she sure hoped it had nothing to do with Eddie.

Clemency quickly finished her coffee and quickly urged Nancy for them to go to Eddie, as soon as possible and, well, also buy them all he requested the last time they had talked. As they woke up the others, Lucas looked at her in confusion. "It's still quite early, Clemency." He said, but Clemency knew this could not wait, for all she knows, that overnight could even be too much of a wait.

"I've been feeling really heavy while we're at the Creel house..." Clemency softly says, as Dustin quickly looked at her in disbelief. "And you didn't say a word?" He says, as he checks all his stuff before they go.

"I did say something... but I just thought maybe it was just because we're at that shithole." She explained, feeling really down and worried. "Maybe that's just it?" Nancy defended, looking at her sister, as Clemency sighed. "We can never be so sure..."

They all quickly left, bought Eddie some snacks and the cold beers he wanted, and drove their way to Lover's lake.

Clemency is awfully quiet during the car ride, lost in thought, as a fidgeting Robin looked at the group. "Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car for this visit? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"It'll be fine..." Nancy stammers as she keeps her eyes on the road, as Robin looks over to her with worry in her eyes. "I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't... Clemency, you can agree with me here, right?" Robin says, looking over Clemency at the back, seeing if she agrees with her, as she just shrugged in response, as Steve, who is eating Pringles with Dustin, looked at her and back to Robin.

"Hey, she looks worried as it is, stop giving her a reason to overthink more..." Steve says, as he looks back at Clemency. "And, Clem... don't worry too much, I mean... at least he can drink himself into feeling better." He says, raising up the six-pack, while Clemency looked at him and rolled her eyes. "That's what my mom does..." Max commented, sarcastically, making Lucas look at her with concern.