23. guilt trip

"Couldn't we have tried a road, or something just slightly less creepy?" Robin asked the sisters, as they walked in the middle of the woods on their way to the Wheeler's house

"Couldn't we have tried a road, or something just slightly less creepy?" Robin asked the sisters, as they walked in the middle of the woods on their way to the Wheeler's house. "I think we're getting close. We're almost out of here. Don't worry." Nancy reassured her, as she pant from how long they had been walking for. "And, if we did find a road instead, we'll take longer to get there. This is a better route." Clemency told the girl, as she nodded in response.

The three girls stuck together as the two boys walked behind them. "Henderson told me you were a badass. Insisted on the matter, in fact-" Eddie says, as Steve interrupted him. "Henderson said that?" He asked as the guy looked back at him. "Oh yeah. Shit. Kid worships you, dude, like, you have no idea. It's kinda annoying, to be honest. I don't even know why I care what that little shrimp thinks but, uh, guess I got a little jealous, Steve..." Eddie explained, as he looked over to Steve, and he looked back at him. "I guess I couldn't accept the fact that Steve Harrington was actually a good dude. Rich parents, popular, chicks love him. Not a douche? No way, man. No way. That, like, flies in the face of all the laws in the universe, and my own personal Munson doctrine." Eddie says, dramatically holding both his hands on his chest, moving closer to Steve.

"...Still super jealous as hell, by the way." Eddie says, making Steve chuckle. "Which is why I would never have jumped in that lake to save your ass. Not under any, uh... normal circumstances." He added, as he looked around them, and then stopping as they heard a cracking branch and snarling in the distance, startling them, and Eddie sighed. "Nope. Outside of D&D, I am no hero. I see danger and I just turn heel and run... Or at least that's what I've learned about myself this week." Steve felt pity for the guy, as he looked at him, walking ahead of him. "I even started comparing myself to the little one." Eddie says, pointing at Clemency, as she walked behind Nancy and Robin, Steve looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Smart, and brave... well, she had always had bravery in her, but jumping into danger to back her sister and her friends up to dangerous places like this... She's something else, man." Eddie says, looking at the back of the girl.

Suddenly, another quake struck, startling and stumbling the group back into the ground, the two trying to hold themselves together, Robin and Nancy holding onto the trees, and Clemency tripping and just falling straight onto the ground. While the quake still proceeded, Nancy already saw their house and quickly ran, as Robin waited for the quake to stop before following her, and the two boys quickly followed after, Eddie helping Clemency up while at it. And as Nancy stood there, they saw the Wheeler house, just a few walks away, and headed their way there.

‧₊˚

Entering the upside down version of their house, Clemency and Nancy looked around, as the rest of the group followed. "Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin jokes, as they looked at the nasty looking house, and Nancy looked over at her and hurried the group upstairs.

Robin, Eddie and Clemency followed Nancy to her room, as she reached for her closet, and grabbed a shoe box where she hid her guns, but as she opened it, it had shoes instead, making all three of them look confused. "Those aren't guns." Eddie says, pointing at the shoes, and Clemency furrows her eyebrows at her sister.