2. teenagers scare the living shit out of me

Clemency went over to Steve's house after what she heard, as Steve's about to leave, and Clemency looked at him, confusedly, wondering where the guy might be going, with flowers in his hand, but shrugged it off as she approached him

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked, bewildered, as he closed the door to his house.

"I believe you... like, actually believe you this time." She says as Steve walked past her and onto his car, as Clemency followed him. Steve opened the door for Clemency, then onto the driver's seat, going inside the car, and looking back at the girl sitting next to him.

"Why do you wanna tell me that all of a sudden?" He says as he starts the car. Clemency did not want to tell Steve that she saw Jonathan and Nancy at their house and that Nancy's telling Barb's mom what actually happened to her. So, she just lied to him instead.

"No reason..." She says, looking out the window.

"Oh, why do you have roses, by the way?" She asked, now looking at the roses.

"For Nancy." He said as he continued driving, and Clemency nodded.

‧₊˚

As the two reached Wheeler's residence, they walked out the car and on the way to the house, when a familiar voice suddenly called out.

"Steve!" The two turned their heads and saw Dustin as he approached them.

"Are those for Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler?" He asked, pointing at the bouquet, as Clemency and Steve's eyebrows furrowed, looking at the boy.

"No." Steve responded, as Dustin snatched the roses from Steve, startling Steve.

"Good." He says, but then stopped and looked at Clemency.

"It's an important matter, and I don't think you can bring her..." Dustin whispered to Steve, as if Clemency could not hear them, when she could, loud and clear.

"And also, Nancy isn't here." Dustin added.

"I think we should bring Clemency along because..." Steve said and paused as he looked back at Clemency.

"She knows a few things..." Steve says as Dustin's eyes widen, mouth agape.

"You're crazy! She'll be in grave danger-" Dustin exclaimed, as Clemency went in and cut him out.

"If my family's getting involved in some kind of danger or something, I think I should know, right?" Clemency says as a matter-of-factly, as Dustin rolled his eyes at her.

"Alright, alright, you can come with us... Also, Steve, do you still have that bat?" Dustin says, as Clemency looked at him then on Steve, confusedly.

"Bat? What bat?" Steve asked the boy looking back at him as he opened Steve's car door.

"The one with the nails?" Dustin says as Clemency looks at Steve with her eyebrows furrowed.