17. unruly feelings

Finally reaching where the police cars went, Steve stopped the car, and Clemency gasp as she saw the new police chief Powell talking to her sister, as the group quickly got off the car, they got the attention of an agitated Nancy, giving them an a...

Finally reaching where the police cars went, Steve stopped the car, and Clemency gasp as she saw the new police chief Powell talking to her sister, as the group quickly got off the car, they got the attention of an agitated Nancy, giving them an almost smile of relief, as Clemency and the rest gave her a worried look.

As the officers finished talking to Nancy, she quickly approached the group as her sister opened her arms to her, and gave her a hug, as the group kept their eyes on the obviously stressed out girl. "What are you doing here? Are you okay?" Clemency asked, as soon as she backed away from the hug, earning a heavy sigh from Nancy.

‧₊˚

"So, you're telling me... you've witnessed what happened to Chrissy and... what most likely was the same thing that happened to Fred?" Nancy tiredly says, as Clemency slowly nodded. "And, it's most likely from the Upside down?" Nancy added.

"If the shoe fits." Steve responded, as Clemency sighed out, "It's the only logical reason for whatever illogical thing that we have witnessed that night... so..." Clemency stammers.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin says, as Max looked over to him then to Nancy. "All we know is this is something different. Something new." Max added, as Nancy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Doesn't make sense." Nancy says. "It's just a theory-" Dustin says, as Nancy cuts him off. "No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense... I mean, why them?" Nancy wondered, as Dustin looked over to her.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place. We're both at the game..." Dustin reasoned out. "And near the trailer park." Max added.

"We're at the trailer park... Uh, should we not be here?" He says, as they all look around them.

"There is something about this place. Fred started acting weird the second we got here." Nancy recalled, as the group listened intently. "Acting weird as in...?" Robin asked as the girl looked at her.

"Scared... on edge, upset." Nancy informed the group. "Max said Chrissy was upset too-" Dustin thought. "Yeah, but not here. She was crying in the bathroom at the school.. And, Clemency, didn't you say Chrissy told you she had been seeing things?" Max asked, as Nancy turned to look at her sister, as Clemency nodded in response.

"What things, exactly?" Nancy says, as the girl looks back to her. "Well... she says she is seeing things, and she also mentioned about a grandfather clock, and had heard it as well. Though I don't exactly know when it started... and yeah, in a few classes I've had with her, she always seems agitated." She quietly says, as the group nodded.

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right? So, maybe both Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman-" Robin says, as Dustin interrupted her. "Vecna."

"I dunno about you guys, but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve says, as Max turned her to look at him and thought, "Maybe they did... well, besides Chrissy telling you, at least." Max looked over to Clemency, and added, "I saw Chrissy leaving Ms. Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you... wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you."