6. the calm before the storm

For the past few months, Clemency had focused on her studies, like the usual, and did not have the time to hang out much with Eddie, but would often try to slightly give nods and smiles towards each other from time to time down Hawkins high school...

For the past few months, Clemency had focused on her studies, like the usual, and did not have the time to hang out much with Eddie, but would often try to slightly give nods and smiles towards each other from time to time down Hawkins high school's halls.

Also, her brother would constantly hang around Eleven, which made him absent around the house, especially during school break. Nancy, and Jonathan both got a job at The Hawkins Post, while Clemency and Steve applied in the newly built Starcourt Mall, but the two are working at different areas, Steve at Scoops Ahoy, while Clemency is in Wyatt's Cafeteria.

At first, Clemency had a hard time, but eventually got a hold of it, especially having her new friend and co-worker, Amanda. She is very nice and cheerful, and Clemency loved working around with her.

"Hey, I'm gonna go by Scoops Ahoy, I'll just visit my friend there..." Clemency told Amanda as she realizes it is already her work-break, as the girl cheerfully nodded to her, and just as Clemency's about to leave, she went back to Amanda again, walking slowly, as the girl furrowed her eyebrows at her.

"Speaking of friend, I was actually thinking of introducing you to him, you know, if you don't mind-" Clemency says, as Amanda softly chuckles, and inhales sharply. "Clemency... I have a boyfriend..." The girl says, as Clemency widened her eyes and looked away from embarrassment.

"Well... Forget what I said, and I'll get going..." She responded as she hurriedly left, making Amanda softly chuckle at her friend.

Clemency makes her way to Scoops Ahoy and sees Robin at the counter, "Hi Buckley." Clemency greeted and gave her an awkward smile, in which the girl returned to her. "Hello Wheeler... Hey Steve, it's your girlfriend!" Robin greets her, then proceeds to yell for Steve, making Clemency look at the taller girl, with knitted eyebrows, as Steve arrives from the back.

"I'm not his girlfriend..." Clemency argued back, as Steve approached, while waving at her, and sighed. "What's the matter?" Clemency confusedly says, as Robin purses her lips, making Clemency look at her, and eventually, raises her eyebrows, knowingly.

"My brother and his little friends were here again, huh?" Clemency sighed out as Steve nodded. "They kept abusing my power!" Steve exclaims.

"What power?" Robin sarcastically says as Clemency chuckled out, making Steve turn to look at her in disbelief. As the three are having their little moment, the power went out all of a sudden making the people in the mall yelp, as they are engulfed in total darkness.

"That's weird." Steve says, as he hurried to the light switch, and started flicking it on and off, to no avail, as the two looked at him, deadpanned. "Steve, stop it." Clemency says, as he looked back at her and kept going. "That isn't gonna work, dingus." Robin added, as Steve conceitedly raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh really?" He says, and went faster, slowly getting frustrated, but then, it eventually went back, "Let there be light." Steve says, looking proudly at the two, earning a look of grimace back at him. "How do you even put up with this?" Robin sarcastically asks as Clemency chuckled. "To be frank with you, I have no idea."