11. new beginnings

The next day after the fight the group had in Starcourt Mall, the news finally broke out, as there are thirty people presumed dead during the 'fire' as some people make conspiracy theories about it, as Mayor Larry Kline had been arrested and event...

The next day after the fight the group had in Starcourt Mall, the news finally broke out, as there are thirty people presumed dead during the 'fire' as some people make conspiracy theories about it, as Mayor Larry Kline had been arrested and eventually incarcerated for being a corrupt Mayor.

After the incident at the Starcourt, Karen had been scared for Clemency's safety as she worked there, had no idea that her daughter already got fired before the Mall went up in flames, well, but still was in the Mall during the incident, anyway, fighting for her, her family and her friend's lives.

As Clemency went downstairs to get breakfast that morning, their phone suddenly rang, startling her. "I'll get it!" She told her mom as she answered. "This is the Wheelers... who is this?"

"Clemency?" A familiar voice sighed in relief on the other line, making Clemency's eyes widened, as she looked around her, and luckily her mom's upstairs. "Eddie?" She whispered, making Eddie chuckles. "Still hiding me, princess?" He teased, making Clemency rolled her eyes, and sighed, but then her head tilted, as she knitted her eyebrows.

"How did you even get our house's number?" She asked in confusion, recalling if she ever gave him, because only Clemency had Eddie's telephone number, but she knew she never gave hers to Eddie.

"Well, I asked Amanda when I saw her at the funfair fair, when I didn't see you with your parents and your little sister." He explained as Clemency nodded on the other line. "And I thought, maybe you and your two other siblings went to the mall together, but then I heard about the fire and got scared... especially, when I immediately went home and called this number, but nobody answered." Eddie continued, and nervously chuckled to himself. "...But you're okay, right?"

"Yeah... I'm fine." Clemency sighed out, making Eddie furrowed his eyebrows, but did not ask any further questions, as the two said their goodbyes on the phone. Clemency sighed as she put the phone back, and went back to her room.

Clemency appreciates Eddie's genuine concern, that is why she did not want to tell him how scared she still is, how exhausting the event was, and what really happened that night. She did not want him getting involved in their shit, though it seems like it is all over now, and it is finally all peace and quiet. Clemency knew she could not risk telling him what she and her friends actually had witnessed.

‧₊˚

Going back to school just more than a month after the battle they faced in the Starcourt Mall was tough as it is, but seeing the tributes on the deaths during the 'fire,' that can be seen on their school grounds, made it more saddening.

Clemency walked towards her locker, and left her books, as she went to get food at the cafeteria. As she walked her way there, she felt a presence, walking next to her. "Hey." The person quietly greeted, as Clemency looked through her peripheral vision, as smiled to herself. "Hi Munson." She softly greeted back, as a few eyes looked over to them, though not many, as too many students walked in the hall, heading to their lockers, and on their way to the cafeteria, as well.