8. wheeler sisters' investigative experience

As the group's about to share the details to Clemency, Amanda ran to her in a hurry, making the group stop and look at the panting young lady

As the group's about to share the details to Clemency, Amanda ran to her in a hurry, making the group stop and look at the panting young lady. "Clem, boss is looking for you..." She said with concern in her voice, as Clemency hurriedly followed her back to Wyatt's Cafeteria.

Clemency got scolded for always leaving work or going to work late as seen in her records, and her getting fired as a result, but in perfect timing, Nancy showed up at her work, but with the look on Nancy's face, she just knew there's more she will have to worry than getting fired.

"Where's Jonathan?" Clemency worriedly asks, as Nancy sighed and looked at her, as Clemency immediately realized and nodded.

‧₊˚

"Hi." Nancy greeted at the front desk of the hospital, while holding a bouquet, as the woman at the front desk looked up at her and grunted. "Uh, we're here to see Doris Driscoll. I think she was admitted last night." Nancy unsurely says.

"Name and relation?" The woman asked as the two looked at each other, nervously, then back at her. "Uh... Nancy... Driscoll." Nancy stammers, as Clemency stepped in. "Nancy Driscoll and Clemency Driscoll, we're her granddaughters." She blurted out as Nancy looked at her sister with a nervous look and an awkward smile.

The woman believed them, and gave the two a visitor pass with their fake names on it, as they hurriedly went to the old woman's room. Nancy quickly looked at Mrs. Driscoll's records, as Clemency stood as a look out, looking over the door in case someone would come in as her sister looked for any information they might need. Suddenly, the monitor started beeping rapidly, getting the sister's attention, as they looked over to the woman who is now starting to cough, and seemingly having a hard time breathing, as they noticed the abnormally high heart rate of the old woman. "Nancy, somethings wrong, 151 beats per minute?" Clemency says, as they looked at each other, worryingly.

As the woman started screaming frantically, and the lights started flickering, the two stood there, and Clemency froze in fear, as Nancy hurriedly and repeatedly presses on the nurse call button, as Clemency looked over Mrs. Driscoll and gasps. "Nancy!" She yelled and pointed at the old woman, as the girl turned her attention to her then onto Mrs. Driscoll, as Nancy, is taken aback by the sight of the old woman, now filled with black veins, and still continually screaming, a familiar sight to her, as she had witnessed the same from Will previously as they took the mind flayer out of him.

As the hospital staff finally came to sedate Mrs. Driscoll, the two hurriedly left the room, and looked at each other, still in shock. They both knew exactly what this could mean, but questioned if it really is what they think it is. The woman's heart racing at an abnormal rate could be explained and she could have just been going into cardiac arrest, but the way the old woman looked, the way she was frantically screaming, and the flashing lights? But, they both question if their suspicions are real, the gate is closed, and the creatures could not get in anymore. Or could they.