thirty-nine.

YASMIN STYLES
☪ثري
DUBAI, UAE

—PRESS'TRIGGER'🍥.

I was debating on telling Knox about my previous phone call, I felt like he needed to know because I know he trusts me with little things like that, little things always matter in relationships.

However, I was scared of the outcome and reaction he would return me.

Would he be mad at me? Would he think I'd turn him in? So many thoughts ran through my head I forgot he was trying to feed me with the food he was attempting to make.

"Here, tell me how it tastes like." I taste the steamy curry sauce grunting from the small pain of the heat burning my tongue. "Do you like it? It was one of your mother's recipes, she said it was okay if i tried it."

"Aw, i love it baby. No wonder why he tastes so familiar." He smiles, cupping the side of my cheek as his thumb rested on the side of my left ear, bringing his plump lips onto mine, exchanging our tongues around swirling them away together,

But he knew there was something wrong, Knox felt so connected with me he could sense my emotions of my lack of body language or from the lack of kissing i was giving him.

"What's wrong, what's bothering you?" I loved how concerned he was about me, all the time.

"I need to tell you something," He nods, turning the heat down from the stove folding his arms together. "I got a call five days ago; it was a female. She said she was lauryn's sister? I thought it was lauryn at first, but you told me you had killed her..."

"Oh." He stares at me making me nervous, placing the wooden spoon down interlocking both of his hands resting them down around his crotch and thigh. "Well, what did she say?"

"She told me she knows that you killed her and needed my help." I wouldn't lie, i was so scared in this exact moment spilling everything out. It felt like i was on the edge of a cliff saying my final words before he pushes me down. 

Knox wouldn't kill me, right? He loves me.

"Oh? she did?" He sounded like he didn't care, but part of it felt like he knew i was slowly fearing him right now. "You're not going to help her, right yasmin?" Knox tilts his head down, bringing down his ear around my mouth eager for my response.

"No, why would i? She has no evidence, she told me that herself baby."

He smiles, like it was a small part of relief that exited out of him, his hand placement shifted to my chin, bringing it up to his level so my eyes would stay stuck on me. "Delusion runs in their family, let's just forget about them, please?"

"Oh, and. Sullen." Knox runs his thumb down my lip- feeling his softness connect with mine before he moved away. "Piccolo told me she went to the police station to turn you in."

"What?" How could she.

"I know baby," He shook his head cupping both sides of my cheek in his palms. "I don't believe it either. She felt like sending you behind bars was better than being murdered, knowing you've done nothing wrong and that i love you to death baby."

"Why would she turn me in?" I question quivering my bottom lip, feeling the warm feeling of a tear slide down my cheek as he wiped it off. "Why would she do that to me?" I look up at him, he doesn't respond.