"In final exams, I told the invigilator to change my seat and move me to the other hall. They did as I said and I calmly gave all my examinations avoiding his presence. After the exams, my grandfather was sick so we went to Rourke to visit him and move him to an expensive hospital in Delhi. We stayed them for a month and my grandfather get well soon, my results were declared and I occupied the second position in the school and fifth position in the state. My family was happy except my father of course as I wasn't first in the class."

"Returning from Delhi with my grandfather, I got back to school to collect my transfer certificate and migration certificates. There I got to know who was first in the school none other than Kabir Arora I was shocked and didn't believe it. But reviewing his mark sheet he did get the first position. Coming back home I told everything to my grandfather and he taught me one thing that day, the world is full of traitors and you never know whose standing with a knife behind you, people here do anything to get on top but couldn't hold the position for long if you won any position get a grip on it. I didn't get his point that time but soon I did when I saw Kabir with the principal's daughter Avantika."

"It was like a million bricks thrown at my head I was a bit sadden by the fact he was seeing someone else besides me but something that hurt more was he got the question paper through her before every exam. I got to know it by himself he proudly told me how useful Avantika was for him and how useless I was. The pain soon turned into anger that my father was disappointed with me because of this fraud and I took a bit step. Sneaking inside the school's control room I got the video principal was hiding from the examination board to save her daughter. I mailed it to the examination board and they seized the school for the fraud they got to know that I sent the video so they investigated me. I told them the truth and through my father's reputation and power I come out clean."

"Principal was put into jail with her daughter and Kabir's report card was marked invalid and his parents had to pay a hefty amount of fine additionally. But something I didn't realize was that he belonged to a middle-class family and this case had a huge impact on his father that he committed suicide. When I got to know about this, I locked myself in a room for a month when things got calm, I came out and was going to apply for college but unfortunately Kabir and I crossed paths as he was getting admission to the same college. I was a bit scared of his reaction but he was calm and told me it wasn't my fault but his because he cheated in examinations using Avantika. I asked him to come to my house in the evening accepting it as an apology because I felt bad for his loss."

I knit brows, "Really... he was calm I couldn't believe it, if I would have been in his shoe then I might have tried to kill you." She left a laugh, "He did too... when he visited my house that evening. I asked dad to give him a chance by paying for his college fees and at first, he denied it. Grandfather insisted on seeing the sensitivity of the situation and he agreed, I went back to my room to show him my book collection which he loved. Suddenly he pulled my hand and placed a knife digging at my throat I screamed but he placed his palm on my mouth. With soft muffles he told me how much he hates me and because of me he lost his reputation, Avantika blames him, and his biggest loss is that he lost his father because of me."

"I felt like I would die but the anger inside me raised because it wasn't my fault that he ignored his studies. Kicking his nuts, I rushed out of the room and called out to my parents but Kabir was athletic and he rushed toward me pushing me to throw the balcony. The flower vase hit my leg and fell on the ground floor breaking into pieces, he smirked and was going to push me down as well. Holding his shirt with one hand and the trance rod with the other I pushed him back to which he lost his balance and fell on the ground."

"My family gathered to pick me up and I looked down on him lying on the ground in his blood pool. I rushed downstairs to get him medical help, turning him towards me I found a piece of flower vase dug in his throat and his head bleeding to death. When he died on the spot, my family was shocked, and in order to protect me from police investigation and custody. Dad closed the case in his way preserving the Mehra family's name. Mom sends me to London to study so that I won't have any psychological trauma. But the pang of guilt stayed in my heart because it was me who killed my best friend." Her voice croaked.

"Shh... you killed no one it was your reaction in self-defense." She side hugged me, "But Raj thinks so..." I kissed her hair, "Because he's an ass..." the sides of her mouth lifted. I told her a fun fact, "You know the year all this happened was the same year I was getting married to Veronica. So, it was quite a disastrous year for both of us." She chuckled, "See... I told you that you're old. I was getting in college that year..." I left a little growl, "Don't be mean... I was in my third year and it was a young age to get married." She giggled, "Keep saying that to fool yourself..." we argued on it for quite a long time than expected. 

Today's task: 22 votes + 45 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺