Chapter-1

The clash of blades, sparks flying. The man with his twenty-kilos-handed sword, swinging for the soldier head who is fighting with him.

" come on fight with me Baldev," his grumpy voice echoed in his ears.

" Maharaj it's been two hours since we are practising, you came back yesterday only, have some rest and sleep"

" stay focus Baldev," he said attacking him, Baldev took two steps downward bending down, his sword clashing with him, standing up again he dashed towards him while the sounds of clanking of swords can be heard from far.

" what are you doing here in the wee hours of the morning" a strong yet determined voice comes putting their practice to a halt, Baldev leaves leaving both of them alone.

" you were not supposed to be here"

" I am not answerable to you" he replied splashing water on his face, his hair sticking on his face, the worried lines sitting on his forehead, his eyes had anger, anger towards her, anger that he has some responsibilities as a king, his body has several cuts, scars that remind him of his victories, his fights, his strength, on his gallantry, the man of his words, women of Mehrangarh told their children the stories of his heroism, the fights he fought, he has a heart of gold, his state people happiness and wellness is his foremost priority, he lives for them and will die for them one day but the women stand in front of him, the same girl to whom he lost his heart.

" sidhan..." her melodious voice falls in his ears, his fist tightened.

" don't you dare to..."

" hum aur aap ye ache se jante hai shehnaaz se vivah karne ka faisla bhut faydemand hai, toh ab ye gussa kyu, aisa toh nh hai ki rajao ki dusri shadiyan nh hoti"

" kyunki humne mohabbat ki thi apse, aap syd nh karti aaj tak, I know my this decision was very important for our people but what about my heart Anamika, don't I have feelings, I am a king for everyone but for you..."

" Hum apk bhut Izzat krte hai Sidhanth" he chuckled drapping a white shawl.

" izzat karti hai ap bs, kabhi mohabbat toh kar nh paayi, aap bs ek maharani ban gyi hai Anamika,"

" i fulfilled my every duty as a wife, I respect you the most in my life, if that's not love then I don't know what love means" she questioned, he covered the distance between them looking into her eyes.

" kisi aur ke naam ke saath humara naam sunke apk dil ko thes phuchi, ye sochke apk gussa aaya ki hum kisi aur ke saath raat bitayenge, ki ab woh bhi meri biwi hongi sirf aap nh, ab humara waqt unka bhi hoga sirf apk nahi" she flinched slightly seeing the rage in his eyes.

" Sidhanth yahi hota aaya hai humesa se rajgharano mein," he nodded.

***********
" Shehzaadi you are not ready yet, come on wake up fast I saw queen mother coming towards this wing"

" kya hai Sejal let me sleep some more, my back is aching, you know I hate sitting in palanquins for so long," she said in a sleepy voice covering her face with the dupatta to protect herself from hot sun rays.

" but why are you sleeping on the floor shehzaadi" she groaned opening her eyes finally.

" apk rehte koi so bhi nh skta hai" she complained, the guards announced the presence of the queen mother, and she hastily covered her head.

Shehnaaz remember the previous meeting she had with her yesterday, her words still ringing in her ears, she oozes confidence, her aura was intimidating, and her words held power.

Shehnaaz bend downs to touch her feet, the one thing she learned from the lady who welcomed her in the fort but she didn't know who she was.

Indrani gave her blessings and smiled slightly kissing her forehead, shehnaaz eyes turned misty as she smiled at her, her mother died when she was only four.

The romantic tale of Mehrangarh (completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara