CHAPTER 33

"I-I can't do this..." I wipe my tears before closing the door of the office. "Sino ba kasi ang gumawa sa'yo nito?"

"Jivian and his friends."

Bakit ganito ang nangyayari? Tangina naman, oh. Naghihingi ako ng awa, hindi problema nanaman. Hindi ko alam kung maaawa ba ako o dapat masaya. He deserves this, doesn't he? Pero bakit ako nasasaktan?

"I-Im sorry, Mau. Please, let's talk about us-"

"Please huwag muna ngayon. Mabigat pa puso ko, Hailes.. Hindi ko kayang sabay-sabayin kayong ang lahat.. Masakit pa. Let's talk about this next time." I mumbled.

One at a time, Hevrea...

I tried my best not to burst out. No one can describe how much I'm angry. I don't want to here him yet. Not yet. Masakit pa ang puso ko.. Hindi lang naman siya ang problema ko dito at sana maintindihan niya rin.

My heart is getting tortured every minute I see his face. Nakakaawang tignan ang mga mata niya... it's asking for my empathy.

I thought me and Isaiah are okay now. Kaya, hindi na ako nangulit pa noong okay na sila ni Hailes. Hindi ko na tinanong pa o nag-alala sa kanilang relasyon dahil alam kong magkaibigan lang sila.. Akala ko, tapos na at ako na.. Bakit nangialam pa talaga?

"Mau, can you please talk to me? Please, tell me what happened to you in the past few days.. atleast tell me, please? I was worried."

Hailes walked to me and his arms wrapped around my waist. He buried his face on my neck and I felt his breath. I stopped when I heard his heartbeat. It was palpitating hard.

"Please? I love you."

I avoided Hailes. I shook my head and took the box and opened it. I continued taking out all I need. I placed them on the table before pulling his head from my neck and his hands away from my waist.

"Umupo ka muna. Huwag muna nating pag-usapan ang nangyari... hindi ko kaya," I avoided his gaze. Hailes nod and sat on the table, putting both of his arms on the edge of it.

"What happened to you? Why are you wearing a hospital gown? Who hurt you?" He softly asked as I took off the cap of the ointment before squeezing it on my finger. "Sino ang lalaking kasama mo?"

"I just got unconscious for 4 days.." I calmly spoke and face him. I saw how his eyes bewildered as his forehead creased.

"Because of what? Sino naman ang gumawa nito sayo?"

I scattered the ointment on his cuts. I didn't replied. Ano nga ba ang dahilan? I was just feeling a lot of emotions that day and I couldn't take it. My heart stopped and my eyes shut. Ang sakit na ng nararamdaman ko noong araw na iyon. All I want was peace and comfort. Well, the heavens did grant it...

"What?" I hissed when Hailes grabbed my wrist to stop me. I glared at him but his eyes screamed concern. "I just got unconscious because I was feeling unwell. I had too much emotions inside me." His hands on my wrist loosen when I answered.

His eyes softens and his lips pouted. He averted his gaze. "I-I'm sorry..." I continued to wipe the ointment on his cuts, not minding him. "Was it because of me?"

"No, it's not just you Hailes. Marami kayo ang dahilan at dumagdag ka lang."

We were silent. I didn't spoke and wiped the side of his face after I put the ointment. Grabe ang pawis niya, nag-marathon ata ito.

"Can you please tell me what happened? Hindi ko kayang kumalma habang nakikita kitang nasasaktan.." He softly spoke. I stopped. Paano ko sasabihin sa kanya?