CHAPTER 13

"Hevrea?" I looked back to see Isaiah, holding a glass of wine.

I glanced at the person beside her and saw a woman around 40s. That must be Hailes' mother since Iane mentioned she's with his mom. But that fact doesn't click. The woman is blonde and her features is way different from Hailes'.

"U-uhm.. Hi." I simply greeted before walking away but another arm pulled me back. I got surprised by the pull and I almost trip due to the heels.

"Where are you going? Hindi pa tayo tapos mag-usap."

I look up to see Hailes behind me. My eyes widened and looked over Isa. She was frowning. I looked back at Hailes, glaring at him.

"Your hands, Hailes.." I whispered and he immediately took it before taking a step back.

"Sorry.." He softly told before scratching his nape. "But we really need to talk. I need to explain-"

"Hailes."

Both of our eyes looked at the woman infront. I saw how Hailes eyes sparkled and immediately planted a smile before glancing back at me.

"Mom! This is Hevrea, the girl I'm talking about.." He took my hand and pulled me infront of the woman. I immediately got up and simply coughed before smiling. "Hevrea, this is my mom.."

I tried myself to creep a grin, "H-Hi po Tita..." I bowed awkwardly. She gave me a small smile before her eyes went to Hailes.

"You didn't told me you have a date." Her voice made me feel nervous. It was dark like Hailes'. "Hindi ko na sana dinala si Isaiah.."

So she doesn't know? She doesn't know they broke up? I looked at Isa and she was grinning while nodding eagerly. She then looked at me before smirking. I mocked her smirk and took a step back to hide behind Hailes.

"Mom, I already told you that I already have someone to bring.." Hailes groaned.

"But I asked you earlier morning if you still have a date but you said no." Her mother arched a brow. So lahi pala nila ito..

"I asked her kaninang hapon." Hailes replied, looking annoyed. "Will if you excuse me, I have to talk to Hevrea first."

"We also want to talk to you, Hailes." Isaiah interrupted making me grit my teeth. I closed my eyes, calming myself before looking back at Hailes.

"Ayos lang.." I mumbled before sliding away my hand from his.

I saw how he rolled his eyes. "The last time you did, you were gone." He replied, pulling my hands back. "I promised your Dad to look after you and be your best date tonight. I don't want to disappoint myself, Maurie."

I immediately look away when I felt my cheeks burn. My heart started to tremble and my hand was sweating. The butterflies is at it again. He's making me feel hopeful. Pinapaasa mo naman ako! Madadalas talaga ako nito sa cardiologist!

I couldn't help but smile at him. "Hindi ako aalis, I promise. I'll be with Andi and Iane."

"Hindi nga kita iiwan.." He hissed before looking back to the two woman.

I blinked rapidly as my heart skips a beat. Kinagat ko ang aking dila para tigilan ang sariling ngumiti sa saya. Kalma lang, kaya mo to Hevrea. Pagsubok lang to.