CHAPTER 02

When I walked out of the cafeteria, I went my way to my locker. I opened it, putting my bag inside and took 3 books out of it. I closed the metal door before carrying them to the library.

These three books were just novels that I have finished reading for five months. After my account got banned in ML, I know needed a new hobby. Then, that's when Iane introduced me to books and romance. I hated the concept at first but as the time goes by, I grew a big fond of it. I actually borrowed these from the school last month when my mom made me attend summer class and I didn't had time to bring them back until today.

The hallway was silent since everyone must be inside the cafeteria already. But it's been roughly five minutes and the light footsteps behind me have been getting louder. Kapag ito lapitan ako, susuntukin ko talaga siya. Porke't mukha akong madaling target?! Aba, hindi ba niya alam na tambay ako sa kanto?

I was hesitant to look back because it might be some morbid outsiders. Now, I don't even sure if I'm going to the library. I was just roaming around in the same spot for straight 5 minutes just to tell if the footsteps were really following me.

Hindi nga ako nagkakamali, sinusundan ako. Ano ba pwedeng gawin sa mga ganitong klaseng bagay? Susuntukin ko ba o tatakbo nalang? Pero sayang naman ang tinuro ng mga tambay sa akin kapag tatakbo nalang ako.

I pursue my lip before fastening my pace. I took turns to find a crowded area but there was none. My breath hitch when the footsteps became louder and it was definitely approaching me.

I was about to run when a hand touched my shoulders. I took my books and slapped it across the face of the culprit.

"Fuck!" I immediately recognize the voice. My eyes widened and saw Hailes stood there with his left hand rubbing his cheek.

"Hala! Masakit ba ang tama?" I tried to reach him but he immediately back away.

I feel bad, the damage looked so bad. It made a scratch on his cheeks. "Nako paano na'to, hindi ka na gwapo...." I whispered.

"What?"

My eyes widened when I realized what I just said. I covered my mouth as he arch his eyebrow at me again.

Damn, he looks handsome while doing that.

"W-Wala!" I ran away.

Hailes tried to call my name but I ran out of embarrassment. I can't face that guy. Palagi akong nadudulas kapag siya ang kasama ko!

I entered the library and went to the counter. I sheepishly smiled at the librarian while she smiled sweetly. I'm her friend. I'm always friends with older people because I love telling stories to them. They always look like they are attentively listening.

"Hi po Miss Valenciano!"

She smiled and greeted me as well, "Hi Hevrea."

"Ibabalik ko lang po ang mga libro na hindi ko naibalik noong last summer class." I placed the books in the counter, "Sorry po talaga, nawala talaga sa isip ko na ibalik.."

"Okay lang ‘yan, iha." She took the books and placed it in a cart with full of varieties of books as well. "Kukuha ka ba ulit?" I shook my head.

"Duty ulit." I smiled as she laughed.

Palagi akong nakatambay dito sa library. Hindi naman kasi ako kumakain ng lunch kaya dito ko sinasayang ang oras ko. Minsan, tinutulungan ko si Miss Valenciano sa pagliligpit ng mga librong hiniram at mga librong hindi nabalik sa maayos na shelf.

Minsan rin kapag wala namang halos trabaho, dito ako naglalaro ng ML. Pero dahil banned ang account ko hindi na ako halos lumalaro at hinintay lang itong bumalik. Gumawa naman ako ng bagong account pero tinamad akong maglaro. Back to Warrior lll nanaman? Ayaw ko kaya.