CHAPTER 22

"We're going to the Annual Night Event, Hailes. I hope you will come this time."

I stopped from eating and slowly lift my head to look at my mom. The Annual Night Event is happening again. It happens every year and it's a tradition of the Fuentes.

Every nurses, doctors, and business partners come to attend the party. I'm scared. The last time I went there I went home early, crying. Their words and whispers were too much that I felt disgusted and disrespect for being alive. I felt my life being miserable again to people's eyes.

But, I want to change their perspective this time. I want to show them a new version of me. Someone they won't expect.. Besides, It's been 5 years since my last visit at that party. They won't probably expect me.

"I'll come, mom." I told before I continued eating.

"Bring a partner if you want.. Isa is available, right?" I shook my head.

Mau. Hevrea was the first one who came inside my mind. Is she coming? Does she have a partner already? I want to bring her with me. I don't want my night to be ruined, ans with her, I'm always happy. I noticed it. I want to see her smiles and laughter. It was a Goddamn medicine to my heart.

"You can do it.. But I have an advice for you. Hevrea's not fond of business events like this. So there's more chances she'll say no." I sighed and massage my temple when I heard Andevean.

"Hindi, ah! Hindi kayang tanggihan ni Hevrea si Hailes na 'yan. Tignan mo lang, pustahan pa!" I heard Yael talked.

"Goodluck nalang, bro. It's better to try than to regret..." I nodded at the boys before bidding goodbye.

I ran fast to the station after the guys left. Andevean's confession just ended and it was a success. It was sweet and wholesome confession. Andi looked so prepared; he gave all his effort for the girl he loves. How I wish I can do that. How I wish I can give everything to the girl I love also..

"Why are you here?" I hesitantly look back and forth to the woman beside me. Shit, should I tell her? Why am I so nervous? "Ano kailangan mo?"

"Mau, do you have a partner?" She shook her head. Yes, goodness thank you.

"It's not compulsory."

"Yeah.. But I'm planning to bring one," I mumbled.

I looked at her and she looked quiet. My mind started to go wild. I don't know what to say next. What do I do? Why does she looks sad about it? Did she heard them wrong? Fuck, naman Hailes!

"K-Kuya’s not coming and Isa must be available tonight because I heard ABM is the only strand that's already finish with their preparations for next week's contest."

I got a bit shock with her response. I bit my lip to suppress laughing but it didn't work. She looks cute will playing with her hands. She looks nervous. This is probably the most loudest laugh I have ever let out. It was so loud and it felt good.

"What are you saying?" I told between my laugh as I hold my stomach.

"I thought you wanted to ask if Isa's available.."

"Why would I asked you that, Mau? You're not Isa." I said, trying my best not to laugh anymore. I was grinning when she scowled.