CHAPTER 08

"I'm Hailes, Rafael Hailes Elizaga. Hevrea's companion." Hailes introduced, shaking Kuya Jivian's hand.

Napasapo nalang ako sa noo. He looked like he wanted to kill kuya any minute. But it immediately disappeared when he also shook Isa's hand. I can't believe these two are pretending. I just let out a sigh, looking away.

"So you're just my little sister's friend?" He nodded. He's right. He's just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

Our conversation went well, I guess for them. I was barely even speaking as they talked. I was just trying to study and look at Hailes' eyes.

When mouths are shout, eyes talks. Eyes represents the rainbow feeling of his heart. That made me feel sick. That should be me who he is looking at with those eyes. Ako.. dapat ang nakakagawa lamang niyan dahil.. ginagawa ko naman ang lahat para sa kanya. However Isaiah did it effortlessly. She was just talking and talking then make the two important men of my life want to kneel down for him.

I saw small smile creeping on Hailes' lips that meant genuine love. They returned nothing to me but shattered heart. Hindi ko kayang makitang nagmamahal siya ng iba sa unahan ko lang habang wala akong magawa kundi panoorin lamang sila... Dahil sa una pa lang, alam kong wala naman akong pwesto sa kanya kahit pa sa bituka.

Binaba ko ang tingin sa sahig. My head rested on the palm of my hand.. Ang ganda pala kapag kumikinang ang mga mata niya..

"Ikaw Hevrea? Ano paborito mong pagkain?" I heard them place me to their conversation that was going alright without my name being mention for almost straight minutes.

I shrugged at Isa's question while looking down, my hands resting on my cheeks, legs crossed and trying my best avoid letting out a tear.

"I don't know... I don't usually eat." I mumbled.

Probably Papa's foods..

"Really? You have a great body for someone who doesn't eat.."

She tried so hard to soften her voice. I look up to see them looking at me. I don't like those look— looks of worry.

"U-uh salamat," I plainly told, playing with my nails.

"Weh? Kapag kumain ka nga sa bahay parang patay-gutom." Kuya told as they all laughed.

My ears— they were just focused on that single laugh that served as music to my ears. It.. It was my first time to hear that soft chuckles coming out of his mouth.

I want to hear them as well. It was bringing light to my heart and touch each part of it. It made me rose a small smile despite the badges of biterness I feel. I don't know that even the most bare minimum of him was so hard to get. While Isa here, effortlessly stole them.

"Yeah.... Si daddy kasi yung nagluto." I mumbled, feeling my chest throbbing hard.

I'm not dense. Both of them were literally infront of me, trying to make me eat jealousy. I can see how they looked like they were already friends when talking. Kuya was the oblivious one. Not even a hint of annoyance in his eyes appeared. While I'm here, trying my best to hide them.

"You're such a daddy's girl."

I smiled at Hailes and nodded. They all laughed at me thinking it was pretty funny. I don't need to hide that fact. Being a daddy's girl is something I should be grateful of. Not everyone's Dad is lovey dovey to their daughter.

"What about your favorite place to go when your heart search for peace?"

Probably wherever Hailes is..