CHAPTER 76

Her eyes were red as she had been crying for a long time, "Hope! I know this isn't the real you."

I stood up and touched her face to make sure I wasn't dreaming, "Nyx?" I called in disbelief. "You're...alive? Impossible," my eyes burned before my vision got blurrier.

"Yes," she cupped my face, tilting it towards her. "Stop doing this. I understand you're mad at them. You feel the life isn't fair but trust me it will get better. I am here to help you."

"But you died."

She shook her head, "no. I'm still alive." She pulled me into a hug. "This is real. I am real. You're not hallucinating. Please, Hope, please," she hugged me tighter. She buried her nose into the crook of my neck.

But, I pushed myself away, "don't come closer. I'm just like these people. I'm turning into them. I'm a killer. My gang. Quinn. Cleo. I'm like all of them," I pulled my hair while wailing.

She grabbed my wrists pulling them from my hair, "you're never going to be like them. We need to get you out of here. This place is corrupting you as well." She wrapped her arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I put my arms around her neck for support. We walked outside into a car. I recognized it; that was the car that hit me that night.

I got into the passenger seat, slapping myself to see if I was dreaming. Then she got into the driver's seat and started the engine, driving away from there.

Glancing at Nyx, I smiled. I wasn't a dream, that was Nyx. She was alive. But, what happened? Why did Zayne bring the bracelet? He said he used a saw to chop her hands off. And the leader, he killed her.

I stared at my hands; fingers covered in blood. My white shirt was no longer white. I trembled as I remembered what I did. I killed people. This wasn't real, right? I didn't want to be a killer. I wanted to be the old Hope. I lost myself because of the pain I bottled up for years.

I opened the door and my weak body dropped onto the road. With the rain hitting me from above, Nyx's muffled scream echoed around me. Everything distorted. My senses.

I wanted a normal life. Why did this happen to me? Why did I become like this? Will everything be over soon?