CHAPTER 66

That evening, Quinn and her team checked all members to make sure there were no spies. I didn't want to stay inside the office like a rock so I joined her. Everyone greeted me as I walked past them one by one.

"Boss, it's an honor to finally meet you," A muscular guy told me.

"Just call me Hope. I don't think I can get used to people calling me 'boss'. Especially when most of you are older than me."

"How old are you?" A woman behind me asked.

I stopped in my tracks, "22 years old." My answer caused them to gasp. I chuckled seeing their reactions.

At that moment, Quinn called me, "no spies." She licked her bottom lips, "but a few are suspicious so we'll keep our eyes on them."

"Can I ask you something?" I pulled her away from the rest of the members. "That night, a few gangs came into a neighborhood to find me. They caused chaos all over the neighborhood. I saw tigers were there too. Did they plan to go there together?"

"We conducted a special meeting among a few gangs in the underground town. To be specific, Sy Cove underground town. I know it's weird. Sy Cove is a town but how do we have an underground place like that? This place isn't normal, I'll tell you."

Underground town? It sounded perfect for my plan.

"What's inside that underground town?" I leaned against the wall while tucking in my shirt in my pants.

"Ten old headquarters for each gang."

Before I asked something else, a team approached us while dragging someone behind them. I looked carefully and recognized it right away; it was Brenda Davis.

Quinn led them along the way into a room far away from the main building. As soon as we got there, she opened the door and the others threw her inside. The sound of her body hitting the floor gave me a new kind of satisfaction. Then Quinn gave me a sign to go in.

"Don't worry, we'll be outside. If she does something, we'll kill her right away," She whispered.

I stepped into the room with a foul smell went in my nose. I should tell them to clean it before I threw up.

Brenda, with half of her face already destroyed, yelled at me, "you're Hope Anderson? That weakling?" She cackled. "Who would've thought a weak Hope Anderson to be a leader of this gang? This is stupid. Let me go."

I laughed before I launched a hard kick into her face. Those shoes were perfect for kicking. With extreme force, her jaw almost broke and she shrieked like a lunatic.

"You and Kate are definition of monsters," I grabbed a handful of her greasy hair. "You idiots think you'll get away from this, huh?" I threw her across the room. A few strands of her hair came off. Euw!

"You killed Kate!" She hissed. Blood in her mouth landed on the floor.

"Lindsay, your elite was the one who killed her," I knelt down so I could see her sorrow. "I killed Lindsay because she deserved it. Just like Kate's death with her punishment of being a bully."

Her eyes went wide, mouth agape. Later, her eyes glistened with unshed tears and whimpered. I brought out the knife I took from the basement. I had it with me all the time in case I needed it.

I tore her sleeves, revealing the serpent tattoo. With the tip of the knife, I traced it along the tattoo. Then, I put more pressure on it until she bled.

"Please. Let me go!" she shrieked.

"No," I jabbed the knife into her flesh with her scream filling the room. "It was your idea to crush my fingers with Kate's shoes? I still remembered it."

I pulled the knife, letting the blood flood and I stepped on it. She squirmed and squirmed without realizing the more she moved, the flesh would tear much more. I took her arm and pulled it backward until I heard a cracking sound.

"I'm sorry for everything I did," With her snot on her face, I grimaced in disgust.

I scoffed, "you're saying sorry because you want me to let you go." I threw her across the room one more time. Surprisingly, her size was twice bigger than me but I threw her like she was a feather. Her back hit a mirror on the wall and it fell, breaking into pieces.

I lumbered closer to her, glancing at my reflection on the broken pieces. I wasn't surprised anymore how much I've changed. My eyes were darker with my scowl. Plus, the new hairstyle tied up everything together.

At the corner of my eyes, Christian and Suzanne were clapping their hands. They be proud of me for sure.