CHAPTER 70

I asked Quinn to call the person in charge of tiger headquarter to make sure everyone was inside; I didn't plan on losing my members. I told them to lock the doors and be careful with everything. I knew I wasn't being paranoid this time. Cleo asked her members to do the same thing.

"Hope," she called. "Do you think he's planning something? Because the other day, the leader from another gang told me he found his brother in a terrible condition. Like Quinn described just now. I also lost a few members to those dragons. He manipulated them thinking I was the bad one and joined the dragons."

"He's trying to intimidate us. One of his rookies said he killed my parents. Rookie can't do such thing because they don't have the knowledge or skill. The leader did it," my head almost exploded. Dan, you son of a bitch. You only killed Maya.

"Wait," Cleo went out while Quinn and I waited inside.

I asked Quinn to find our members and get them inside the office. Both of them were out and I was all alone. From the corner of my eyes, my father was standing while wiping his eyes. I stared at him as I knew it was a part of my hallucination. Then he pulled his head off, blood oozing from his neck. I screamed and fell off the couch.

"Hope!" Quinn ran to me, pulling me up. "What happened?"

My scream must have been loud enough to be heard from the outside. I looked around and he wasn't there anymore. I shook my head as an answer to her question earlier because I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. At that time, the tiger members got inside with Cleo's permission.

She had a file with her, "this is a few information I know about the dragon leader. He never revealed his name." She opened it and put it on the table, "he has this belief of killing more people give him power and make him stronger. But this started a decade ago."

"How do you know about this?" I flipped through the pages.

"I caught one of the members and forced him to tell me about it," she pointed at the page I was reading. "Here."

She was right, he did believe in that kind of stuff. But that didn't explain why he tried to intimidate me, he even tried to get me to go against my dad's gang. Only for the death of his daughter?

"Boss," a guy behind me tapped on my shoulder. "My brother used to be in the dragons and he told me once that the leader wanted to get rid of all nine gangs."

"What do you mean get rid of the gangs?" I asked.

Quinn tugged my sleeves, "The leader wants to kill us all. Based on his violent tendency, it's possible."

"We have to be careful. We don't know what kind of mind game he'll be playing with us but we have to make sure he doesn't know about our meeting. Sy Cove underground city?" Cleo raised her brows.

"Yes. Midnight. Bring a few of your members. We don't want to risk anything. Also, check for spies among your members. I caught two spies snooping on us. I have a feeling about that bastard sending spies to all gangs."

Quinn and I left the office with our members behind us. I remembered Nyx told me about her leader said something one day he would do something that would change everything.

As we past the serpent members, one of them stared at me like he was trying to tell me something. I stopped in my tracks and smiled.

"Is there anything you want to say?" there was a brief silence when others had their eyes on me.

He stepped forward, "I overheard your conversation with our leader and I want to share something." He bit his lips.

"Sure. What is it?"

"I don't know if it's helpful but the dragon leader killed his entire family. Then, he blamed us for killing them. It's like he forgot or something."

A woman stepped forward, "One night, he tried to kill me. He stabbed me once but then, he started punching nobody behind him. He literally stabbed an empty space. He yelled and fought with nobody. I think he saw things."

I glanced at Quinn. Leaning forward, I asked, "You mean hallucinating?"

"Yes, but he's not mentally ill. I used to be a psychiatrist. His psychiatrist. He's healthy," the woman next to him explained.

Quinn tugged my shirt from behind. I nodded and asked my members to get the cars ready.

"Keep your eyes and ears open. Be careful," I dashed out of there with my mind working to come up with a few theories.

First, he said he would do something to change the world. Second, he killed his own family but blamed people like he didn't remember anything. Third, his psychiatrist admitted he didn't have any mental illness. He was healthy.

Okay, something is wrong. Really wrong. But I had to focus on the meeting first.

Should I trust them or not? If I didn't trust them, they could be right. If I trusted them, they could be lying. I ran my fingers through my hair a few times while biting my lips. A metallic taste went into my mouth. I wiped my lips with my fingers and some blood stained my fingertips. I might have bitten it too much.

The voice in my head told me to trust them but could I trust my own mind?