CHAPTER 33

We got in and I threw the bags on the couch. I was in awe when Nyx pointed at the large windows. The vehicles beneath us moved around with muffled sounds of the engine filling the air.

"How did you get so much money?" I asked as I plopped myself on the bed. "5-star hotel rooms are expensive."

"I used to have a lot of jobs. They paid me a lot of money," she went to the bathroom.

I really needed to take a shower. My entire body was sticky from the sweat earlier. I asked her if I could use the bathroom first and she let me. I snatched the towel from the rack and dashed into it. Finally, I could feel clean again. I hopped into the shower and let the water run down my skin. My hands got better, no more red marks from the steel wool.

It took me a while to get out of there because I didn't want to get out. I dried my hair first. It got longer; below my shoulder. I should get a haircut soon. In front of the mirror, I checked my face; I looked horrible.

The dark circles underneath my eyes were visible and my pale skin didn't help at all. I didn't wear makeup for a long time so I couldn't conceal them. Letting out a sigh, I washed my face a few times before I got out of there. I put on the hotel bathrobe; it felt smooth on my bare skin.

As soon as I got out, I saw Nyx pressing her ear against the door. I knew she was listening to something so I didn't interrupt her. After a few minutes, she moved away and stared at me.

"Anything you want to share?" I took out new clothes from my bag.

"Someone from the outside wanted to get in. The hotel manager said they must have been mistaken."

"Could it be them?" I clutched on my bathrobe.

"No, I don't think so," she licked her lips. "I'm going to take a shower. If anything happens, knock on the door."

That night, we didn't order any room services because we already knew what kind of food they served there. So, we went to the market next to the hotel and bought a few things to eat for dinner.

Back inside the hotel room, we ate dinner while chatting about something. It was nice to do something without having to worry about Christian. I almost forgot about it.

"Nyx," I called.

"Yeah? Anything wrong?"

"What do you think will happen to my friends?"

She heaved a sigh, "to be honest, I don't know." She glanced at the clock on the wall, "it's late. Let's go to bed." She chose the side closer to the door and I chose the couch near the window. Right after she turned off the lights, I pulled the blanket over my body.

I dozed off a few minutes before a shuffled sound hit my ears. I opened my eyes, blinking a few times while yawning until my eyes were watery.

I didn't make any noise because being rational and realistic in that situation was vital. I adjusted my position, scooting closer to the windows. My shoulder became tighter as I blinked more often. I flinched when more noise echoed.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my ankle, pulling my leg from under until I fell out of the couch. Someone covered my mouth with their hands. The metallic taste on them touched my lips. I almost threw up because I knew that was that.

I couldn't get my voice out because of the lump in my throat. In a few seconds, my vision went dark.