CHAPTER 60

Maya had to go to work that night. She said she couldn't skip it or else her boss would fire her. So, I was forced to stay home with the door locked, of course. It was a thunderstorm and I was writing something in my diary while sitting on my bed. Then, someone knocked on the door. I peeked through the curtain and saw a boy, drenched in rain while shaking.

He told me to let him in because he got lost and he searched for his parents but couldn't find them. With my innocence and kindness at the age of 10, I let him in. I went inside my room to get a towel to dry him off while he waited in the living room. When I was searching through the cabinets, someone put a sack over my head.

I screamed, hoping someone to save me if they heard my high-pitched scream. That person lifted me up and I squirmed as hard as I could. He threw me on the floor and something hit my head pretty hard. I screamed more but that time, in pain.

He continued kicking me in my head a few times until I stopped making noises. After that settled, he carried me into a vehicle. I couldn't see anything with the sack over my head. But I remembered the smell inside that thing; the sack. Smelled rotten like something died in it.

The ride felt long with the thunderstorm outside and then it stopped. I thought it was a nightmare, I even pinched my arm to wake up but it wasn't. I heard muffled voices from the outside, causing me to breathe faster.

Someone grabbed my legs, pulling them and carrying me on his shoulder into a place. I knew it was many people because the voices echoed all over. They threw me again on the floor, ignoring my head hurting and I was sure it was bleeding because the top of my head got damp. They took the sack off and I saw four men standing around me. I was in a warehouse. A sharp pain radiated on my arm so I glimpsed at it and saw a piece of broken glass penetrate my arm. The blood flowed so much that my sleeves got wet.

With my entire body trembling, I saw that boy in the corner. He was holding an ice cream, a strawberry ice cream, to be precise. He licked it and spit it out as he threw it away.

A man with a scar on his arm titled his head while looking at me, "What should we do to her?"

"Pretty sure we need to let the leader decide," another man said. "But, it could be nice if we sell her. She's younger."

Another man with a disgusting smirk on his face stared at me, "I have an idea but she will not like it."

I whimpered as he grabbed my arm, then the door burst open. A scary-looking man strode towards me and pushed that perverted man away and he fell with a thud because of his large build. That scary-looking man was bigger, taller, and scarier, with a dragon tattoo on his arm.

"Good job, boys. You found her. That's his daughter," his deep voice made me almost wet myself. I had no idea what he meant by 'his daughter'. I didn't know my father.

He lumbered closer, leaning forward until I could see his pores and scars on his face. I pulled the glass from my arm and stabbed his eyes. While he was screaming in pain, I took the opportunity to run away. But someone grabbed me by my ankle, squeezing it until a sound of bone cracking snapped me back to reality.

I didn't know what was going to happen to me that night. I couldn't ask for help from Maya because she wasn't there.